1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Have you had the snow that was promised yet?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Doglover, Dec 16, 2010.

1. It's been threatening to snow with us, all day and it has finally arrived.
    It is snowing pretty heavily at the moment, and the sky looks absolutely full of more snow.
    We didn't have it as bad here as most did on the mainland over the past few weeks.
    I am hopng we are not going to make it up for it now.

2. It's been threatening to snow with us, all day and it has finally arrived.
    It is snowing pretty heavily at the moment, and the sky looks absolutely full of more snow.
    We didn't have it as bad here as most did on the mainland over the past few weeks.
    I am hopng we are not going to make it up for it now.

3. Milkandchalk

Milkandchalk New commenter

Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!
    Skidded to and from work this morning, both journeys taking over an hour, icy icy roads, council who are incompetent, no salt on the roads, stupid drivers either driving at 10 mph or skidding around in an uncleared fast lane to overtake causing accidents, bus skidding right in front of me on the icy motorway,
    Yes, the snow has hit and I am sour milk right now.
    Can you tell?

4. It's snowing heavily in Inverness. Hope it stops soon... the man is supposed to be travelling down from there in the next couple of days.

5. Your avatar made me chuckle after that post milkandchalk ;)

6. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

The weather forecast for the Glasgow area has depended on which site you looked at or which forecast you listened to. I've no idea what the weather is supposed to do. My fingers are firmly crossed that we've had all we're going to get.

7. Oh I hope it stops Coffeekid.
    My sister has to drive north from London to Liverpool on Monday, to get the overnight ferry to Belfast, and I really hope it has stopped by then.
    My BIL is in Afghanistan for Christmas, and he only went just over a week ago, and I don't think she would relish the prospects of not being able to get home to family for Christmas. She is travelling with her 2 children and her dog.
    His family don't even live nearby, if she was unable to get to Liverpool.
    I can tell you ae not best pleased MandC. I hope it improves where you are soon.

8. We got a few flakes this afternoon but it didn't amount to much though. Think the bulk is supposed to come at the weekend.

9. Thanks!

10. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

None here and I hope we don't get any as I spent a small fortune on tickets to see War of the Worlds in the Brighton Centre tomorrow night!!

11. We have about a foot of it.
    20 cms since this morning.
    Still went out for the dept. meal.

12. ScotSEN

ScotSEN Senior commenter

We have a lot. Morning journey in was bad enough - took well over an hour. Hoe was even worse!
    My pet hate is idiots who sit really close behind me at lights when I'm facing uphill. What on earht would happen if I get stuck i dread to think![​IMG]
    We were supposed to take out wee ones on a trip to see Santa tomorrow but no chance now[​IMG]

13. laffal0t

laffal0t New commenter

We had sleet and a bit of a flurry but nothing much! Lots of rain and freezing will be the problem tomorrow.

14. A mad hour of heavy snow which did not settle. Left school; wiper blades frozen to my car and the deceptive puddles were in fact black ice. Loving the thought of the drive in the morning!

15. I don't really mean to gloat but I have 3 weeks off and shall turn blissfully over in my bed in the morn and grin, thinking "ahhh, so much snow, such a warm bed..."
    [​IMG]

16. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

Not even a suspicion of snow so far this winter. We never get much snow and ,when it does fall, it doesn't last long. It's not all doom and gloom up north! We have had ice-encrusted windscreens and icy roads though.
    Our only worry is whether we can pick my mother-in-law up from Manchester on Christmas Day. I'd rather collect her earlier on a day when conditions there are safe for driving, but she has a set routine of visits on Xmas morning.

17. HURLED it down here but only for an hour. All gone now.

18. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

I've woken up to find that about an inch has settled. Just enough to make the drive out on to the main road a bit scary. Then more forecast for 2pm. If that comes, getting home at about 4 will be a nightmare.
    That'll teach me to wish for snow. This is the wrong amount at the wrong time!

19. Milkandchalk

Milkandchalk New commenter

Well, after yesterday's horrendous and terrifying journey I was all prepared. Had my survival kit neatly packed into the book, had just made a mug of hot tea and stuffed a big multipack of crisps in my bag just in case.
    Justfound out I have a snow day!! Guess the snow is good for something afterall!!!
    Night night folks

20. catmother

catmother Star commenter

You know things are really really bad when my school is shut. It's never shut,even when it should be........ Just was well that I turned back and went back home today (before I knew it was shut).