1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Have you got bad wind?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Over_the_hill, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Over_the_hill

Over_the_hill Star commenter

We have a weather warning here for strong winds and heavy rain overnight and tomorrow. Whenever the weather is bad I usually have about 6 kids off because their mums can’t face walking to school. They were all a bit over-excitable in the wind today. What’s it like where you are?

2. catmother

catmother Star commenter

We got it yesterday. Came home to find half of the fence hanging down.

3. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

30 degrees during the day. A bit cooler now with a light breeze. :p

I dread to think what we'll find when we get home.

4. Lalad

Lalad Star commenter

Howling like a banshee here...

5. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

Yeah, i'm starting to think I'm intolerant to onions.

Oh...:oops:

6. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

Me, too!

needabreak likes this.
  7. grumbleweed

grumbleweed Star commenter

I think it was the chick peas I had for dinner.

Sorry

install likes this.
  8. RepelloInimicum

RepelloInimicum Lead commenter

9. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

Thanks for asking. Woman speculatively (and inadvisedly in the opinion of her insurer) opened her car door and wind whipped it wide open so I drove into it and took it off. Day of complete irritation dealing with her insurers so repair to damage to my car and hire replacement car sorted out.
    Never have I driven a posher or more powerful machine. Went round the block twice in it but think I might get the bus tmw. What bloody car doesn't have a handbrake?

10. EmanuelShadrack

EmanuelShadrack Star commenter

I can sort of see the case for not having a handbrake. Quite a few cars I've hired have had electronic ones, and a friend's motor the other day was as you describe - no "driver-accessible" handbrake at all. She liked it like that, but I'm not sure I'd be so keen.

11. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

I can't stand those electronic handbrakes. I like an old fashioned one I can hold on to.

12. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

I had to Google it.:(

13. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

The wind here has been almost unrelating, and, irrationally, I am terrified of wind!! :confused:
    We live in an all electric house and joy of joys, we had a power cut last night. :rolleyes: Luckily I was reading my Kindle and it's very old so I have a cover with a light. It was most useful, giving enough light to 'put the house to bed' and light me to my rest.

Bloody wind STILL blowing a gale!:mad:

14. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

Oops!! Repeated post! :oops:

15. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

Handbrake turns?:D:D:D

16. Bedlam3

Bedlam3 Star commenter

I didn't even know there were cars that existed without hand brakes. I'm still getting used to not having a choke!

17. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

My husband's Golf has am automatic handbrake and I won't drive it. When he drives mine he forgets the handbrake altogether until it starts rolling.

18. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

They've been around a while my 14 year old renault has one but hill starts are fun... :eek:

Newer ones with hill start assist are fine, so I'm told.

19. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

I think there is wind in the forecast. I am steeping (silly word) peas and broth mix, and the ham shank (no euphemism) is boiling vigorously. Pean n' 'am soup tomorrow. Well its that time of year.