1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Have you ever done someone a favour, get used and then get kicked in the teeth for it?

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by Gandalf, Jul 15, 2011.

1. I'm so disappointed I did someone a really big favour to help out, I worked really hard outside my usual remit, it seems she used me for a while and then just kicked me in the teeth after using all my ideas and data analysyse and input for improving end of key stage levels, which were successful and used to provide detailed evidence for our inspection, which had an excellent result! I'm gobsmacked! Can't believe it because I've known and worked for this person for 8 years and really trusted them, had no reason not too. Leaves a nasty taste in ones mouth, I won't be so free with my help in future. And I feel very foolish too. At least I can relax through the summer after excellent inspection report, but thats the only consolation I can find. Wonder how I stop myself from becoming cynical? Think I need to move schools.

2. sbf

sbf

By then, shut the door on the way out.

3. My sympathies. Revenge is a dish best served cold.
    Wait until next time she asks for your help. Engineering a whopping great *** up that is subtly hidden. Let her pass it off as her own work and then once that is done point out the problem publicly and make her look stupid...Then get another job.
    Done be cynical but make sure that your work is clearly marked as yours. I find human nature makes folks assume that something 'freely given' often valued as such i.e.zero value
    Analysis done should be emailed and then you have some record that you sent the work to them.
    Same for ideas.