1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Have you done exam marking for OCR or AQA this summer?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by bizent, Jul 15, 2011.

1. bizent

bizent Lead commenter

If so, have you been paid?
    I've had to change all my accounts and i'm starting to worry i'll never see my money!

2. I marked 492 scripts for AQA but was paid for 490. I've rung them four times about it, but without success so far

3. bizent

bizent Lead commenter

How soon after you finished did you get paid?

4. Five days after I sent off the last scripts.I've just been e-mailed with a promise of payment at the end of the month

5. dande

dande New commenter

I marked for AQA and Edexcel.
    AQA paid for most of my marking even when I hadn't finished. I think they have a system of paying on set dates. I received the rest a short while later.
    Edexcel seem to pay every few days so lots of little amounts.
    Have no idea about OCR.

I think they try to be good with paying as they know a lot of examiners like the money for the summer - at least this is the case in recent years. A few years ago I was paid much later in the summer.

6. I marked for AQA and got paid almost immediately with just the last 40 scripts beind paid a week ago.

7. scilab

scilab New commenter

Can I just ask... how many scripts/sets of exams do people tend to do? I mark KS2 national sampling, but this year have added in some gcse biology papers, and feel as if I've been marking online for ages, when actually I was busy for a couple of weeks in may/june, and am now into my second week of GCSE. Are you marking more than one set, or for more than one board? How many would be a realistic load in one exam season??
    I've been paid nothing yet :( I hope to get my KS2 money soon though, but it's QCDA not an exam board as such.

8. I marked AS for OCR and was paid a week ago. I don't like to mark too many so tend to stick around 150 scripts - though I once had 295 Key Skills ICT scripts to mark and I am certainly not doing that many again.

9. dande

dande New commenter

I did nearly 600 GCSE papers for one board and moderated some 18 centres coursework for another board. In the past these would have followed on one from the other. However, this year the exam was earlier and as such had both to do at once which was not ideal. How many you do very much depends on the individual - some people like to do more and others less. It also depends on how demanding your day job (if you have one) is!

10. I marked OCR GCSE English Language this year and I got paid pretty quickly.

11. markuss

markuss Occasional commenter

Four contracts in May/June - different bodies. All paid up now.