1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Have you broken a bone?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lanokia, Dec 7, 2019.

?

Have you broken a bone?

1. Yes

25 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Unsure

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  1. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

My youngest suffered a green stick fracture of the leg when she was five months old. I did that thing you are warned never to do: I left her unattended in the centre of a double bed while I went to get her older sister out of the bath: one minute max. She wriggled her way free of her swaddling and rolled to the end of the bed. Boy did I feel like a failed parent!

Every night she’d kick her plaster cast off in her cot and every morning I’d be back at the plaster room at the hospital for a new one. We were all on first-name terms by the end...

:confused:

nomad likes this.
  2. peter12171

peter12171 Star commenter

It’ll be fine ;)

lindenlea likes this.
  3. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

Yes, finger when my father slammed a car door shut on it!

My eldest broke three toes landing badly from a bouncy castle, his arm rolling from the couch onto the floor and his knee following a tackle in football.

4. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Currently somewhere around..

[​IMG]

or worse..?

lanokia likes this.
  5. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Uncanny.

magic surf bus likes this.
  6. stopwatch

stopwatch Lead commenter

I played sport and taught PE for most of my life. Got away relatively lightly:
    • Broken nose - playing silly b**gers jumping onto a trampette and over a high jump bar onto a trampoline when I was 13 - clipped the bar - with my face!
    • Broken finger - catching a softball which was anything but soft
    • Fractured/chipped shoulder - being shoved into a gym wall playing indoor football
    • Broken toe - walking into a set of bathroom scales!
    On another note, I was run over by a car aged 16 - flipped into the air, landed on the bonnet, head through the windscreen, flipped onto the road - unconscious. Nothing but a bit of concussion - lucky boy! I think I was made out of rubber in those days.

7. friedgreentomatoes

friedgreentomatoes Lead commenter

I broke my left arm falling off my bike when I was ten. A couple of years later I broke my nose when I tripped at school and smashed my face on the corner of a desk. Nothing since apart from a couple of toes.