1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Have you bought your 'going back to school' shoes yet?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by minnieminx, Aug 23, 2011.

1. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Well you obviously didn't show off enough then!! do a chat about getting ready for the new school year and bring up having new shoes!

Honestly!!!

2. flickaz

flickaz New commenter

I was very proud of one of my new class yesterday. First assembly back, they'd been asked to suggest things that were new for the new school year and so we'd had all the sensible ideas such as a new class, new staff, new children. Then one of mine put her hand up and said "I've got new shoes and so does Miss!" Obviously year 6 have their priorities right this year!

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Excellent child! Hope you gave her a housepoint or whatever!

My first day with children is tomorrow...if it rains I can't wear my new pink suede shoes. But I sooooo want to!

4. flickaz

flickaz New commenter

I normally find her quite annoying but after that I'm willing to forgive her slightly! Hope it doesn't rain! If it does then wear a different pair to school and change when you're there.

5. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Can't this year...I have year 2. Got to go out on to the playground to meet them and send them home.

6. Just lovin this thread!! Have already saved a few sites as favourites!!

7. Sorry my message got caught up in the quote bit:

Franob- can you get away with wearing the purple shoes with black tights/trousers- my hubbie just said no, black goes with black but I do really like those!! I need to get away from wearing flat ballerina style shoes as they have little support & these if comfy might just do the job! I do loooove all the heels people have been posting but can drool only for school as can't get on with heels however for playtime....[​IMG]
    http://www.clarks.co.uk/find/department-is-women/enduses-is-smart/product-is-20347035

8. Well as a result of this thread [​IMG]

9. I haven't found my 'going back to school shoes' yet for this year. I am also very short on money so it will have to wait a little longer but has anyone else found theirs already?

10. Oooooh, yes!
    Some gorgeous black wedges from Next:
    [​IMG]
    Some rather nifty purple boots that can be worn as either ankle boots or knee-high boots from Shoe Tailor:
    [​IMG]
    And some fabulous snake-skin pattern shoes from Clarks:
    [​IMG]
    Please, somebody else post their new shoes, so I know it's not just me! [​IMG]

11. Ooooh loving your purple boots...maybe a new board necessary on pinterest....as if I don't waste enough time!

12. [​IMG]Sadly I have these in purple and black too...

13. NewJob2010

NewJob2010 New commenter

Need some more shoes from this year as need inspiration - saw some
    gorgeous ones and I ended up buying boring ones but this year I want some lovely shoes!!

Please help!

14. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Goodness I'd forgotten about this thread!

I need some new shoes. My patent heels and flats from last year are scratched and my long boots look terrible.

Going to be looking over the next week... I'll try and post pictures.

15. What a great thread. In the 15 years before I came into teaching my total new shoe purchase count was 2. Wedding/funeral mainly!!
    5th year of teaching coming up: 5th pair of shoes purchased!

16. Broke my leg in school first day of the holiday....flip flops and stepping off chairs a bad combo.....so when I DO go back, it will be something flat, solid and sensible......
    At the moment I am strictly right foot only....

17. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

18. An adventurous choice, Nick! [​IMG]

19. These are my newest purchases, both from Next:
    [​IMG]
    They're both going to need some wearing in, but I love them!
    [​IMG]

20. I have also bought these from Evans, but they're not for school!
    [​IMG]