1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Have you bought your 'going back to school' shoes yet?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by minnieminx, Aug 23, 2011.

1. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Not the sensible ones for your own children, but the ones for you!

Mine are these, but in bright pink suede and another pair in nude patent. Not available on the net, but are in store. http://www.next.co.uk/g8574s1#118148g85

Elizabeth 1972 has bought these in purple http://www.marksandspencer.com/Round-Stiletto-Heel-Platform-Shoes/dp/B0057BJIFU?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_1&nodeId=210710031&sr=1-1&qid=1314131103&pf_rd_r=1D8C90T2TS20HR3B01WF&pf_rd_m=A2BO0OYVBKIQJM&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=210710031&pf_rd_p=215570647&pf_rd_s=related-items-3

And Msz has these...(I'm so jealous!)
    http://www.kurtgeiger.com/online-shop/219460-miss-kg-licorice-2

And I have google chrome so can't make them into links!

Sooo show us yours!

2. lillipad

lillipad New commenter

I hadn't thought about buying new shoes..... Until now! I will be back :D

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

LOLOLOL

4. NewJob2010

NewJob2010 New commenter

Haha - i have been looking for mine today! Gotta have new shoes for Sept - haha xx

5. Since reading this I have just looked at all of the Next shoes, there are some really nice pairs [​IMG]

6. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Oh, shoes, one of my favourite buys!
    Don't know how you and Elisabeth manage to teach in those with heels! I prefer comfort as I tend to stand around a lot so I'd prefer flatties like Msz.
    I usually try to buy my shoes when in Germany, but as I haven't been this year and I haven't a job for Sept I've got my eye on these in the Witt catalogue when I've earned some money
    http://www.witt-international.co.uk/detail/750119_5494125-5494125/Moccasins?category=750118&page=8 or
    http://www.witt-international.co.uk/detail/750119_5494017-5494017/Loafers?category=750118&page=2 for a small heel.

7. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Hmmm I could be really offended about the implication that I spend all day sitting down...but I'm not! I spend all day sitting, kneeling crawling, jumping, walking and standing. And I'm only just moving to year 2!

8. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I know!!! Am having to NOT buy ones that I won't actually wear, just stroke!

9. nick909

nick909 Lead commenter

I detest buying work clothes and such things with a passion (although trainers on the other hand...) so I'll be doing my usual and popping along to the local M&S outlet and Clarke's shoe shop on the last Saturday of the hols (thus accounting for the traditional 'fine-living holiday midriff-expansion') and attempting to equip myself with my work clothes for the entire year (3 pairs trousers, 5 shirts, 2 pairs shoes) for hopefully less than £200.
    Sensible. Comfortable. Easy-Iron. Mix n Match.
    Those are my only criteria.

10. Oooh new shoes! I'm not a huge fan of shoe shopping (my feet are 4 and a half, which makes it difficult to find shoes to fit), but I just looked at Kurt Geiger's site and there are some beautiful shoes on there. Might have to risk a size 5!!! [​IMG]

11. Lara mfl 05

Sorry, as usual managed to offend unintentionally. Years ago a friend said to me 'Never go in to the diplomatic service or you'll start WWIII, because if there is a way of using language with undertones/overtones I'll do it!'
    As I'm (initially at least) MFL trained, I do lots of the 'jumping around/ acting caper (so as to avoid having to translate) and years ago I injured my Achilles tendon, so have to wear flatties. With 'littlies', like you, I like to get down on to their level and spend a lot of time on my knees, but the main reason I stand so much is that as a supply one can be just behind the child when they're talking/ about to kick-off etc.
    Apologies.

12. Milgod

Milgod Established commenter

I have had the same work shoes for 5, aybe 6, years now.

Until a whole appears in the sole I will continue to wear them.

13. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

A 'whole'? Are you sure you are a reel teacher?

14. Milgod

Milgod Established commenter

I don't no what your talking about.

15. Is it true that teachers can claim shoes as tax deductable?
    I might pick up a pair of cuban heels!

16. I used to claim for my shoes when I was a nurse....didn't know I could do the same as a teacher..............

17. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

LOLOLOLOL

Love the zala ones! Oh and the M&S ones...

18. Lara mfl 05

Love these -especially the ballet pumps and the duoboots with the wedge heel but they're a little pricey for my budget.
    Interesting point-do you all buy 'go-with-everything black shoes'? I buy brown/tan for general use but have a wide selection of 'colour-matching' shoes acquired over yearsfor those colour-matching days-red, navy, turquoise, green and yellow at present!