1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Have you been bullied on line ?

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by tonycallaghan, Jan 11, 2011.

1. NAHT are claiming that a significant number of their members have been victims of bullying on facebook and other network sites. On Radio 5 live this morning one Head claimed he had been racially abused on line by the parents of a student he expelled. The NAHT claim that this kind of abuse is widespread......... is it ?

2. Hasn't happened to me as far as I know, but I don't have any sort of social network accounts. However, I do know for sure that it has happened to a number of HTs in my locality, including my OH.
    Is it widespread? Define widespread.

3. I was vilified on facebook last year, quite upsetting however, I sent out a generic newsletter and they adjusted their settings, so either they stopped ( don't know so maybe, maybe not) and I did not have to see what the 'gate committee' said......

4. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

I don't go on networking sites, so I have no idea.
    Like all heads, however, I've been subject to 'all heads are ****' type abuse on here. I'd never dream of saying such a thing about teachers in general, but heads are apparently fair game for it.