1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Have to plan an assembly my year 8 tutor group will take

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by Arsenalfc, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Arsenalfc

Arsenalfc New commenter

Hi everyone!

Yikes! not only have I got to plan a year 8 assembly, but my tutor group (30 students) have to be the ones to take it. Anyone got any advice on how to plan for this and any ideas on what to do? My mentor wants to see a plan by Wednesday!

Agggghhhhhh

Thanks in advance,

Arsenalfc.

2. Skeoch

Skeoch Established commenter

My big questions: what do they care about? What message do they want to put across?

3. RavenGirl758

RavenGirl758 New commenter

I'm working on the same thing. Check Newsround, what hits home with them? Anything they're interested in that is obviously school appropriate!

4. Aperture94

Aperture94 New commenter

Have a look at local or national news and see if anything pops out at them! Try to do something they’ll be interested in and it will be fantastic! Last year, my Year 9 students ran a mock BBC broadcast about news locally and nationally and had mock interviews. Was interested and put the ball in the students group to organise!