1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Have times changed?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by LogiGal, May 15, 2012.

1. It's been a few years since I applied for more than one job but I was wondering if getting a phone call to inform you that a school wanted to invite you for interview (prior to their sending a letter) is a thing of the past?
    Many years ago, when I was an nqt, I cannot remember a time when I was not phoned to be offered an interview. The official letter would arrive a day or two later. Even two years ago, when I last applied for a Deputy Headship, the chair of Governors phoned to let me know I was shortlisted and to ask if I was still available on the interview date. So far I have received the offer of 2 interviews by email only - Does nobody get a phone call these days, or is it just me?

2. anon8315

anon8315 Established commenter

It varies; I have had various combinations from phone call and letter, phone call and email, email and letter ...
    You usually get a letter or an email at least with the details of the lesson they want you to teach.
    Happy job hunting! x