1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Have the national curriculum subjects been allocated different colours?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by cuteinpuce, Aug 18, 2007.

1. cuteinpuce

cuteinpuce Star commenter

It's quite possible that I'm having a brainstorm here. But I have a (very, very) vague memory of someone saying that the different subjects had been allocated different colours: e.g. blue for English, red for Maths etc.

Is this just something that appeared to me in a dream (goodness - what a very boring dream that would be)?

I'm in the process of sorting out the book labels for my class and I thought I might use that colour coding if it existed.

Ta.

2. cuteinpuce

It's quite possible that I'm having a brainstorm here. But I have a (very, very) vague memory of someone saying that the different subjects had been allocated different colours: e.g. blue for English, red for Maths etc.

Is this just something that appeared to me in a dream (goodness - what a very boring dream that would be)?

I'm in the process of sorting out the book labels for my class and I thought I might use that colour coding if it existed.

Ta.

3. The National Curriculum book does have colours for subjects
    English - yellow
    Maths - blue
    Science - orange
    DT - green
    ICT - red
    History - purple
    Geog - brown
    Art - light orange
    Music - pink
    PE - light blue
    Hope this helps
    dazza d

4. cuteinpuce

Doh!

Of course it does. Cheers dazza. Have a sticker.

5. *proudly struts around showing everyone his new shiny sticker*

cheers!

6. and we have to use books for the children's work that are the same colours...can I have a sticker , can I , can I?

7. so no cross curricular for you then or do you use rainbow!!

8. cuteinpuce

OK, ceiiach, here's a "That's interesting. Do you use the colours in other ways?" sticker.

So what sort of blue rose are you, bluerose: maths or PE?

9. Love the idea of rainbow coloured books for cross curricular work!

10. How many trees do schools go through in a year? If every child had at least one of each book, teachers photocopying, other photocopying, letters... could be quite an intereting 'green' project.

11. cuteinpuce

Dunno about that. But our topic book labels now have a lovely rainbow arching over the children's names.

Thanks for that idea, bluerose!