1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Have been a bit reckless but I don't care (yet)

Discussion in 'Personal' started by chilliexx, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Am on gardening leave until beginning of March when I will then be made redundant. It is Mr c's 40th in June and I have just thrown caution to the wind and booked a week in a VW camper van up Yorkshire way.

2. Am on gardening leave until beginning of March when I will then be made redundant. It is Mr c's 40th in June and I have just thrown caution to the wind and booked a week in a VW camper van up Yorkshire way.

3. Glad you're excited about it Chillie.
    It sounds like my idea of hell!
    (The

4. It has full electricity hook ups. It is something I have never done before so will be interesting, he will love it I am sure. The camper is called Brian and he is blue :)

5. (The campervan in March bit, not Yorkshire - wanted to make that clear before people start jumping up and down complaining!)

6. The campervan thing is in June, I am redundant in March. Silly me not making it clear.

7. inky

inky Lead commenter

Have a lovely time, chillie. The Open Road and all that...

Buy a cheap, simple barbecue and enjoy the birdsong.
    Bon voyage!

8. inky

inky Lead commenter

I'e replied to this post but it's not showing up. Am I being premoderated?

All I said was hae a lovely time and buy a cheap, simple barbecue. They're harder to come by now because there are some very fancy ones on the market.
    Bon voyage!

9. Something to look forward to and hopefully you will have redundancy money to pay for it! I thought you were going to say you were off to new York for the weekend or something really extravagant... Yorkshire is ok!

10. inky

inky Lead commenter

There was a delay. Sorry.

11. Or silly me not paying attention?
    June sounds much nicer!

12. Actually Sidey NY would probably not cost much more!!!! Hiring th van is expensive then there is site fees on top!

13. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Sounds fun!

14. I am detemined he won't find out until he is standing in front of Brian (the van). It's not a cheap holiday by any means but i am sure it will be fun. Mr C is a keen photographer and we like walkingso Yourkshire Dales will be good, neither of us has been up that way before.

15. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

Don't go near any cliff tops, you might get blown off.

16. Might add a certain frisson to proceedings.

17. Oh, how cool!
    I am seriously envious!

18. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

We took an old VW pale blue camper round the Scottish highlands for two weeks in 1974 and came back engaged.
    Enjoy!!

19. OOOH Brian is light blue. Will be cosy to say the least but i am sure it will be great fun.
    I just feel guilty booking something so extravagant when I don't have a job

20. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Woohoo, that's one more of us and one less of them - well done.

We had an old one for 7 years - wonderful times. Here it is on surfari in France:

[​IMG]