1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Have any of you had allegations of 'I was pushed' by a student and how did SMT react?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by flapfish, Oct 11, 2011.

1. flapfish

flapfish New commenter

Feel for you. Make sure you log everything clearly.

2. What a truly horrid situation. No help really but, with some contrary varmits, suggesting they <u>don't </u>come in and go to twinned classroom/ Head etc can have one of several responses - they come in, you deal with it later,or they go away - both 'doing as they're told' <u>and</u> a breathing space. Your reason would be that you were putting the safety of your class first as ..(list previous behaviours)
    As for the inevitable 'speak in my office', you are in the right. You are in the right but are, of course willing to apologise if the child agrees (not admits) that he shouted at you, bent your arm back etc make it a long and colourful but true list. Finishing off his agreement with a generous 'I am sorry that you thought I was pushing you.' should leave you feeling quite good.