1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Havaard Style Referencing for National Curriculum in Essay

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by Cals, Apr 15, 2008.

1. In body I put:

(NC 1999:16)

and in the bibliography:

The National Curriculum for England (1999) London, Department for Education and Employment

'The National Curriculum' is in italics, but I can't do that on here!

Cx

2. If I am paraphrasing then I will put 'according to the NC (1999: 36) bla bla bla.' If not paraphrasing and just discussing the NC I will put 'the NC (1999) bla bla bla.' OR blablablablabla (NC 1999:26) Then if you take a massive chunk out and quote verbatim you say 'such and such is outlined in the NC (1999:24):

"bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla.............................................."

For the references/bibliography it's as follows:

DfES (1999) The National Curriculum for England and Wales. London: DfES.

3. Sorry just seen Cals' reply!

4. And yes, I got a Merit in my first essay for saying 'blablablablablablablablablablablablablablablabla' ;o)

5. For the massive chunk - more than two lines (or three, we were told the first time?!) you indent the quote and don't use quotation marks

Cx

6. Thanks so much for that everybody!
    Cheerio

Nxx

7. Yes... I usually put mine in italics indented either side by 0.2