1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Hate this :(

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by Sillow, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Sillow

Sillow Senior commenter

Just hold on to the fact that if they really thought you weren't cut out to be a teacher you probably wouldn't have successfully appealed. In your new school, just get used to getting back in front of the children, try and build a good relationship with your new CT and remind yourself of all the reasons why you wanted to do this!
    Some teachers aren't very good at having a student. It can be difficult to let your class go and give them to someone else. We can be very possessive. :) However, that doesn't excuse bullying, but you will find that most teachers aren't like that. I'm sure your new CT will be much different and you will find yourself, in two or three weeks' time, teaching at the front and loving it!
    I had a very difficult final placement two years ago. I was soooo close to failing, but I worked my butt off and proved that I had the abilities to be a good teacher. My CT didn't think I would, but my mentor fought for me, having to remind her I was just a student. Now I am so happy with my own class, was graded outstanding by Ofsted and am looking forward to starting in Year 6 in September.
    The joy will come back to you, I know. Just try and push away all the negatives you've had recently and remember that the new CT won't know much about you, so it's a chance to start afresh.
    Good luck! Let us know how it goes. [​IMG]

2. Thank you :) my last class teacher jsut kept telling me i needed to know the curriculum like th eback of my hand aswell as the ins and outs of each subject...thats impossible considering im in my second year.

Im very nervous but also excited to be starting again and having another chance and I hope to prove the teacher wrong. Im teaching year 6 in this placement..fills me with dread because they are older than I am used to but I bet it will be a good experience :D

How long have you been a teacher for? and if you dont mind me asking how long was it before you truly got comfortable infront of a class
    xx

3. Sillow

Sillow Senior commenter

I'm in my second year of teaching, nearly finished! I had a tricky class my NQT year, so it took me a while to stop thinking that I was a fraud! I still sometimes feel that way and will again in year 6 - I've made a promise to myself I am going to be very strict but fair to start with, then relax once they know my expectations. But it will be a whole new learning curve! It's always difficult to come in at the end of the year and teach someone else's class but stock with it. Your own class is much easier, I promise!

4. Thank you :) I want to teach children with SEN which i know can be harder but its somehting that ive always wanted to do.

I refuse to give up because of that teacher because if I do then she has won :)

Why was your class tricky in your NQT year? I still dont feel like I know what I am doing where as all of the other people in my class look like they know exactly what to do already
    x

5. Sillow

Sillow Senior commenter

Because they are notorious for not being very good at sitting still and listening... I had to learn lots of behaviour management very quickly, and that was what I struggled with on my final placement!

I doubt that, they're probably just better at making it look like that! You will pick everything up eventually, just try and learn a bit at a time. In my NQT year I realised I am a decent teacher, but during my final placement I would never have said that. Some things take longer to learn. :)