1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Hastings School Madrid - Cognita Group

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by MarinaCF, Mar 1, 2019.

1. MarinaCF

MarinaCF New commenter

Dear all,

I am looking for any feedback on the group COGNITA, or the school "Hastings School" in Madrid.

Many thanks in advance!

2. blue451

blue451 Senior commenter

Can't help with the school or the group really, except to say that on the few occasions when I've considered applying to a Cognita school, Hastings inculded, I've been defeated by the shoddy and impossible to fix formatting of their application form.

Good luck should you choose to apply.

3. MarinaCF

MarinaCF New commenter

Oh dear! Thank you for the info though! :)

4. dumbbells66

dumbbells66 Lead commenter

Cant comment on the school directly, but i have a few friends that work for the group (Asia). Its very much FOR profit organisation by all accounts. Hasn't particularly got the best reputation for educational organisation. Probably on a par with GEMS, but not the worse.
    One word of caution though, you are looking at a VERY expensive city to live in, and easily the worse paying country in the World....money will be an issue.

5. Ne11y

Ne11y Occasional commenter

Sent you a PM.

And yes, the form is AWFUL.

6. MarinaCF

MarinaCF New commenter

Many thanks dumbbells66 and Ne11y (I have replied to your PM :) ) !

Dumbbells what do you mean for the reputation?

7. dumbbells66

The group doesnt have a good one as an educational organisation. Its definitely not the worse one out there, but they arent seen as "desirable" places to work. Great international schools will have 100's of applications for each positions. I have never heard anyone say, "oh, i would love to work for a Cognita school". Where as United World collages are very desirable, and have no problem attracting everyone.

8. MarinaCF

MarinaCF New commenter

Many thanks for this information dumbbells66, it is helpful as I an finding very little information on this group.

9. dumbbells66

Im not saying they are terrible, some of the individual schools are fine. But from what i've been told they are very profit driven, and that can cause issues.

If i was you i wouldnt be that worried about the group, but really worried about the country you are applying to. Incomparison to everywhere else in the world, Spanish schools pay aweful salaries, complete lack of benefits that the vast majority of countries provide for free, like accomodation, medical, flights, relocation allowence, and many more.

10. miketribe

miketribe Established commenter

I sent you a PM...