1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Has your county decided on a day in lieu of the Royal Wedding bank hol?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Waterfin, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Kirklees have left it upto individual schools to decide when to take this day, our local primary is adding it to spring bank while the high school is breaking up a day earlier for summer.

2. <font size="2">My brother is in Year 9, in the Tameside LEA, they&rsquo;ve decided to give schools free reign as to when they have the in lieu day. They were supposed to finish for the Summer on a Tuesday, but now they&rsquo;re finishing on the Monday which they have called &ldquo;Rewards Day&rdquo;.</font>
    <font size="2">What are the chances of KS3 and 4 turning up on a Monday?</font>

3. You don't get extra days for current bank holidays that fall into school holidays because they have already been factored in to the standard amount of days you are supposed to get.

4. Msz

Msz Established commenter

My LA has left the choice of when the day is taken up to individual schools.

5. On the polling station thing - I was always most disappointed as a kid that our school was laid out in such a way that we never closed for election day... but the school round the corner did!

6. Always makes me wonder why they cant find other buildings other than schools as polling stations!

7. I work for Bolton LEA - my school has opted to take the day off on a different day to the one when my kids are off so need to make child care arrangements x3 - quite pricey! Agree with other postees - we dont have any extra days in lieu of Easter, May or August hols so what's the difference?