1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Has Whitley Bay ever looked this good?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by blazer, Jan 21, 2011.

1. blazer

blazer Star commenter

2. blazer

blazer Star commenter

The guy running into the sea is their goalie. As if more evidence is needed that goalies are insane!

3. They almost made Whitley Bay look habitable.

Was always more of a Crowtree Chiefs girl myself till the evil council closed the ice rink... never forgiven them for that one :(

4. I lurrrrrrrrrrrve Whitley Bay.
    Especially the Rendezvous Cafe.

5. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

I have been to Whitley Bay on a number of occassions - visiting relatives.
    I don't recall there being any hunky lifeguards when I was there!
    When was it filmed? Running into the sea in January would be coooooold!

6. But in the NE, we do that up and down the coast on NYD!

7. You have rellies in WB - we could meet! We could get manashee and Mr. Fibble along and have a cup of cha in the Rendezvous!

8. blazer

blazer Star commenter

The guy is a canadian, Whitley Bay in January would feel balmy to him! In fact most of the guys in the Vid are Canucks.

9. It's Boxing Day they head into the sea in Sunderland - I've always thought they were flipping mad.

10. They do that here too!

People are cayzee.

11. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

I'm aware of that.....I used to live in Sunderland ...I was at the college (before it became a Uni) and agree that the Boxing Day swim is mad! (Then again I can't swim so have never tried it!)

12. Hubby reckons it would have been even better if the Nottingham guys did their own version in response on the Nottingham "beach" the council build on the market square each summer (sandpit, paddling bit, deckchairs, seagull noises, trams going past... it's very surreal).

13. blazer

blazer Star commenter

They're not lifeguards, they are hockey players

14. When did they start doing that????
    Didn't do it when I was living there [​IMG]

15. dande

dande New commenter

How to make Whitley Bay look good? Use Tynemouth Longsands! Pity nobody seems to have commented on that.

16. Done it the last couple of years - loads of pictures if you google Nottingham Riviera... it's insanely popular with people in swimming costumes and all sorts who pay to get in to build sandcastles and paddle and stuff. Right in the centre of the Old Market Square. I find the idea hilarious.

17. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Ahhh, the Rendezvous cafe!
    Happy memories. [​IMG]

18. Honey Loop

Honey Loop New commenter

I agree with Tynemouth Longsands. A beautiful lump of land, it is. Whitley Bay beach front is ugly

19. dande

dande New commenter

Although they are doing up the Spanish City!

20. Honey Loop

Honey Loop New commenter

Ah, but it wont be enough to draw the crowds, as in its heyday