1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Has the strateies site disappeared again?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by pinkflipflop, May 15, 2011.

1. Search for the bits you want individually through google.

2. Tried :( No luck for me. Every link I click on to find Yaer 3 Unit B3 maths, won't let me through. So not good when planning needs doing! Looked at poaper copy and can;t find what I need, grrrrrrrrrrrr. So annoyed with it!

3. It is annoying, but we have had plenty of warning that it was going to go. We were told by strategies staff at our last meeting to download anything useful, as even the archived stuff was going to go eventually.

4. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

5. Thanks goodness for google and other schools. Managed to find a brief overview of the unit with objectives tick list on a download from another school at the other end of the country.

Whenever has happened to me before the website goes back up again the next day, always seems to be ';unavailable' when I need it! LOL.

A job in the week once is back is to download the bits I want.

6. marlin

7. WOW. Even better than what google gave me. Thank you Marlin, you are an absolute star! You've made my dismal Sunday much much better because I cna actually do my work rather than sit worrying. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

8. marlin

Happy to help [​IMG]

9. I know we were given warning, but I can't download a whole website!
    Thanks for the link - very helpful. It's a shame the objectives by year group and strand functionality has been removed though. It'll still take me longer to find the things I want than it ought to.
    I really do think that the gvt. should have a good working replacement in place before the strategies simply disappear, or even lose all their functionality in an archive somewhere. Or is that just me?
    Apologies too for the typo in the subject line - should be strategies !

10. Still works for me...

11. Why? The strategies are not part of their policy and were never compulsory anyway.

12. And me, now. It all seems to be back up and running.

13. Oh, I didn't know that. I thought during my training last year that we were told they weren't compulsory but they were provided by the gvt. for schools to follow. Our school follows them very closely, especially in maths, and I have to precisely quote objectives by year group and strand throughout my planning.