1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Has spider season come early?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Lilyofthefield, Mar 21, 2011.

1. I thought September was when the hideous f*ckers were supposed to come marching boldly forth in search of luuurve. I've just had to bat to death the third titanic monster in three days.
    I demand an explanation.

2. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

You murderess!
    Spiders are our friends! They catch and eat the horrible flies who really freak me out!
    And the big spiders are best, they kill/eat more flies and pesky wasps too!

3. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

Much drama in our house tonight. A beast lurking by one of the bedroom doors. Cue much running round the house screaming, and that was just Mr CG!

4. Spiders are our friends!
    [​IMG]
    ALL my friends are better-looking than that!

5. Grandson playing in yard at tea-time, way too quiet. I call to him, what are you up to? Gittin pider nanna. I go to look and he has a body in his hand, says to me, look it bwoke.
    Yep they're back.

6. Arachnophobes dont read any further ... my husband was asleep upstairs a couple of nights ago and was woken by a HUGE spider crawling across his face!!!
    THank God I was not there - I had flaked out in front of the TV downstairs so luckily missed the drama.
    I've also seen a few small ones in the house. So yes, I think the spider season has arrived early. Perhaps is the super moon!

7. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

This thread should have a warning. I'm using a touchscreen and had to touch the picture of the spider. The trauma. I may sue!

8. That's it, I'm never going to sleep again [​IMG].

9. I took to talking to them last year! That's what happens when you live on your own...! Ooh!! Shall I start a Living Alone thread??!! ;-)

10. And then you talked to me with the same mouth????
    [​IMG]

11. I had trouble with spiders a few years ago. They were seriously meaty and barred me from my own kitchen.
    Someone on here, I can't remember who, told me to put a conker in the corner of each room which I did to the best of my ability.
    It worked. The spiders went away and, touch wood, haven't been a problem since.
    Unfortunately I had several squawking fits when the conkers rattled up the hoover and I had to 'unbudge them' with knitting kneedles and bits of bamboo cane from the garden. I could live with this but then the squirrels came....................

12. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

It's warmed up recently, so they have woken from their winter slumbers.
    There's a harvestman hanging onto the bottom of a shelf about 3 feet from where I'm sitting, I'd like to think she's a child of Florence the one who had lots of little babies near the ceiling late last summer.

13. I'm nervous of the larger ones, but have been forced to get used them after years living in army quarters. You seem to get a particularly meaty variety in army housing. I well remember going to bed with lots of glasses so I could catch them as they scampered out from under my bed!

14. I am scared of many things but not spiders. Came in handy when I had a bar job - my job description somehow involved removing giant spiders from the cellars to stop all the other staff (including big burly men) screaming like girls.
    Just get a glass and card, trap said spider and throw them out of the window.

15. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

That's what we do with anything larger than a 20 pence piece but smaller than a coaster. Anything larger than your average glass rim and we might phone the emergency services!

16. I seriously don't think I'd enjoy eating these:
    [​IMG]

17. I'll try again.
    [​IMG]

18. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

What was it Robert the Bruce was supposed to have said when he watched a spider struggle to make a web?

19. The spider said 'sod it!'

20. Pandemonium in the Sav household. The Godzilla of all house spiders is lurking under the washing machine. Even the dog took one look at it and scarpered to the safety of his bed [​IMG].