1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Has it kicked in yet?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by foxtail3, Apr 15, 2012.

1. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

That feeling that tomorrow it all starts again. In fact, it's been like that for a few days. Anyone else worried about the first day of term, or are you raring to go!

2. Not yet as I'm off for another week. Having said that I am going in for revision sessions. [​IMG]

This time next week I will be pretty miserable I think.

3. I am moving class.... I don't know the children's name.... planning for a class you don't know is a nightmare and I just don't want to go back! Somebody kidnap me please!

4. moggycat

moggycat New commenter

I am dreading going back. Wish it was this time, two weeks ago :(

5. Yep me too, past 2 nights have been dreaming about school. Woke up this morning mid school dream :( Would like at least a staff development day to get sorted not straight into teaching tomorrow. Oh that and for my horrible kids to have had behaviour transplants and suddenly all be nice ;)

6. fudgeface

fudgeface Occasional commenter

Yes I have definitely got that feeling and Mr Fudge has commented on my grumpy mood. At least it's a training day

7. For the first time I'm not totally looking forward to going back to work. Definitely got the sunday night blues.

8. Victoria Plum

Victoria Plum New commenter

I'm dreading going back tomorrow and have horrible Sunday Blues already! Usually I manage to chill out during the holidays but I don't feel particularly relaxed this time. I've been away a couple of times which helped but as soon as I got home the stress set back in. :(

9. Surely this is the best term ever . . . . .?
    We go back for 15 days teaching then it's Bank Holiday
    Another 19 teaching days later and it's Half Term
    Another 51/2 weeks then it's the Summer Hols
    Not that I'm counting! LOL

10. marymoocow

marymoocow Star commenter

I am dreading it too, but do what I do. I go through my diary labelling the weeks and see what is when. This was initially a shock as i thought I had a 6 week term, but it is 7. However I went though each week individually and luckily for me I have very few full teaching weeks. What with courses, extra non contact time, bank holidays and training days I'm hoping this half term will pass quickly. Mind I then think that all I seem to do is speed my life away![​IMG]

11. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

I've been having nightmares for nights now . . . . I'm sure it will be fine . . . it's just the thought of it all . . . . . . like immersing yourself into a tub of writhing worms . . . . it looks horrible and we daren't do it . . . . .but once you start it's actually quite bearable.
    Just shut your eyes and hope for the best.

12. Since Friday I have had the dreaded feeling. Have actually spent today in tears about teaching and all the negatives. Surely it is wrong to feel this stressed at the end of the holiday?
    The worse thing is knowing I won't sleep tonight in fear of oversleeping, I am hoping that I will have exhausted myself so this won't happen.

13. Oh yes I'm feeling it! I work in a lovely school with lovely people as a full time primary teacher, but what I am dreading most is feeling absolutely exhausted. It is only in the holidays I realise what it's like to feel "normal" and not absolutely knackered.

I know I won't sleep tonight, I never do the day before the 1st day back. INSET tomorrow though so being broken in gently..

14. lardylady

lardylady Star commenter

I broke up on Maundy Thursday so I don't go back until the 23rd. Hurrah![​IMG] Having said that, this time next week I'll be looking for the suicide pills.

15. First three lessons tomorrow are all with bottom sets. Not happy.

16. lillipad

lillipad New commenter

Hate this feeling... dreading this term... sats and ofsted :( Sad times!

17. fudgeface

fudgeface Occasional commenter

It's time for me to leave. Not going to go back in September I think.

18. captain oats

captain oats New commenter

I'm also dreading it. Ofsted are due any day in the summer term. Tensions are running high. I really don't like my class. Everyone is annoying me!

19. it's my first time of not wanting to go back too
    actually- it's not school, it's just i have so much to do on the home front, and despite working like mad all holidays, i haven't caught up
    i need a sabbattical :(