1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Has ********** gone away?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by vancie, Dec 31, 2009.

1. alsoamum

alsoamum New commenter

d'oh, assumed that first one had got lost in cyber space.

2. cinderella1

cinderella1 New commenter

Amazing that this person if already convicted of these terrible acts was actually able to set up an internet site without it being shut down by our highly active internet police force. Not all LA's have even banned the use of the site.
    I am no computer technician but I wouldnt have thought the tool bar would have access to your computers files throughout your schools would it?

3. JO9832

JO9832 New commenter

Just for the record I am English which is however beside the point . I will not use the site again and once back in school on Monday will be informing them of this , I want nothing to do with any sort of sex offender people have their own consciences to deal with I know what i am comfortable with and this is not it
    A calmer jo

4. Whilst he has admitted a second offence, I have not seen any information to suggest what the second offence is. Lets just hope it isn't as sinister as people are implying. Following his first conviction he would've been banned from using the internet (for any purpose) and in doing so would face prison again, and we all know he must've been using it so I'm praying that is what it is.

5. Msz

Msz Established commenter

perhaps reading some of the other threads will answer this question.

6. Charlotte - one of the news reports details the a judge lifting his initial internet ban to allow him to earn a living. [​IMG]

7. oops my mistake!

8. The raised eyebrows were at the judge's decision, not you Charlotte!

9. Twinkles

Twinkles New commenter

That was something that amazed me when reading the news reports of the first offences. I often think that judges have no idea of the real world at all.
    I'm not going to be using ********** again.

10. inky

inky Lead commenter

Can you direct me to one of these reports?

11. inky

inky Lead commenter

I'm so sorry. I forgot to say please, and that made me look aggressive and even slightly sceptical - neither is intended!

12. not sure TES will allow a link to be posted but I'm sure if you google his name it'll come up

13. He taught as Daniel Kinge, then changed his name to Samuel King, registered director of **********.

14. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

15. I don't know whether the accusations being aired on this site have any validity or not. I came across this forum while searching for information about the ********** service.
    What has dismayed me is the attitude of some writers towards the ********** materials. I think it deplorable to change one's view of the material on the basis of one's opinion of the author's other acts.
    IF someone has done things which society finds unacceptable, it is just that they be punished according to the law. If someone has made the outstanding contribution to education, schools and children that ********** has, is it not just that they be praised and thanked for that?
    For a teacher to be prevented from teaching or working with children must be a very harsh punishment. Having been so treated, to go on so successfully to make the best contribution he can to childrens' education, surely deserves the highest approbation.
    I have no special qualification to comment on the value of ********** resources, but from what I see in my own school and in earlier comments in teachers' forums, many teachers use and value ********** resources highly. ********** is not unique, but I can think of few resources which are used as much in our school.
    <Quote>what do you want to do have him run the site from prison ?</Quote>
    Yes. If you must put him in prison, what better thing to have him do?

16. Msz

Msz Established commenter

Do you really believe that cloned classrooms make an outstanding contribution to education?
    The service ********** provided was to teachers not education (two different things) His ready made resources saved teachers time in producing their own... simple as that.

17. Donbrown I know many people feel able to separate the 'art' from the man, e.g. Roman Polanski and Gary Glitter but I just can't do that. All his stuff is tainted as far as I'm concerned.

18. Well thankfully the only thing I ever downloaded from there was a numberline, so that's the only thing I replaced some time ago when I first got wind of the real reason ********** was being banned in various LAs.
    But even if my class was plastered floor to ceiling in ********** resources, as I know lots and lots of classrooms unfortunately are, I would be taking them all down and binning them. There's no way that I could have them in my room knowing what their creator is capable of.
    To the poster who wrote about **********'s amazing contribution to education, are you a troll? All the site succeeded in doing was making teachers lazy and lacking in creativity, causing all their classrooms to look like clones of each other and children having to work with flat, printed resources rather than the real thing.
    Good riddance I say.