1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

********** has been blocked again, why????

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Kiki D, Nov 22, 2009.

1. inky

inky Lead commenter

What are you doing writing Tesco posters for them?

2. inky

inky Lead commenter

or should that be Tesco's?

3. does anyone know how to delete it from an apple?

4. managed to do it. Can you believe he dared to put on his webiste:

Staff are background-checked
    Though ********** is aimed at adults, staff have been comprehensively background-checked and cleared for work at our Company.

I'm surprised the press haven't got hold of this story yet !

5. As far as I'm aware the problem is the offenders list is a very wide spectrum of offence types. For instance a couple who had consensual sex while underage (i.e.young love, romeo & juliet) could be placed on the register. It's probably best not to speculate in so far as there might not even be "a story" for the press to get hold of.

6. Msz

Msz Established commenter

His first conviction is well documented and available on line

7. Ah yes, I've just seen it in another post. Oh Dear...[​IMG]

8. 2bgr8

2bgr8 New commenter

It took me AGES to figure it out!
    Go to tools, add -ons and click on uninstall next to the ********** icon. I did have to do it a couple of times as it didn't work at first, kept coming back. I think I had to restart my computer for it to take effect. Good luck

9. Brenden

Brenden New commenter

10. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

That's really helpful Brenden, thanks. I emailed my colleagues during the Christmas holidays, and I know several of them passed the information on to teacher friends in other schools. That was the first that most of them had heard about it. Your link will be a very useful attachment for anybody who is trying to spread the word via email.

11. Thanks
    I think everyone who was 'wondering' should read this.
    We had a strange comment from our head ages ago saying not to use the stuff sfrom ********** so much - we thought it was more about concerns over computer ink.
    Then our LEA issued a statement today and I decided to look here for more info - I'm shocked.
    Sarah

12. Brenden

Brenden New commenter

Samuel Kinge has been given one year in prison and 15 years of restricted internet usage for possession of indecent images of children.

13. Brenden

Brenden New commenter

14. The link to a detailed radio report has been posted on Early Years

15. Elfreda6969

Elfreda6969 New commenter

LA banning ********** is ridiculous. As much as I am sicken by this man's crimes, I do not think banning the resources are the answer.
    Were we told to ban Michael Jackson's CDs or R Kelly's music because of issues regarding child abuse.
    Why don't all these councils hire a team of graphic artists and put out resources that teaching staff can use.
    I noted that when Letters and Sounds was published there was an assumption that teachers would either spend hours upon hours making and laminating resources, or that schools would some how purchase them.
    Message to the LAs - don't just ban ********** - why not try and replicate the resources that were on **********.

16. I think it was banned as teacers were encouraged to upload images of children using resources, and considering that he has been prosecuted for psuedo images also, this is very serious indeed.
    Incidentally, I also think that we should have treated the music of Michael Jackson in the same way as we did with Gary Glitter. Oneof my neighbouring LAs banned this months ago under the suspicion of the director being involved in child abuse activity.

17. Elfreda6969

Elfreda6969 New commenter

LOL! Although this is a serious matter, I love your comment:

18. As one who always looks at the news on Teletext I just looked at BBC Teletext news and there is a report there at page 111 (main headlines page). There won't be many who don't know about ********** now that the BBC have got hold of the 'story'. Wonder if it will be on the NEWS proper? Then what will parents think walking into a ********** filled classroom? He's obviously too high profile now to keep it quiet.
    (also posted on Early years)

19. Msz

Msz Established commenter

so you would be happy using his site and supporting him finacially?
    There are plenty of great resources out there (just not all in one place) many better than **********.