1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone....

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by rebeccadavies9, Jan 23, 2012.

1. ever done a CAFOD assembly with a reception class? or got any ideas for an assembly on this theme?

Head has just informed me my assembly on 2nd March will have to be on the CAFOD theme of water. Was hoping I could have done something the chn had been learning about or a simple story etc so looking for very simple ideas for my receptions especially as there are quite alot of speech and lang issues. Think an older class would have probably been able to explain this kind of assembly better than we could really but hey ho.... just got to get on with it!

All ideas appreciated, thanks :)

2. Have you tried getting in touch with your local CAFOD office? they may be able to supply resources and ideas more tailored to the year group than the stuff available on their website. They might come in and help you.

3. Could they sing 'Have you heard the raindrops drumming on the rooftops'? That's dead simple and the words sort of get across the point of how important water is. Could maybe paint some pictures of rain etc / do some water / dripping art stuff and hold them up through song(?)