1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone undertaken the MA in Design and Technology Education?

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by sorme, Jun 6, 2011.

1. It's well worth it, I'm currently in my second year of study & it's contributed & had a very positive impact upon my career & professional development. Inspiring to say the least.
    If you have any more questions just post them.

2. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

I'm waiting to hear back but would you say its possible to do without a post? If it is or I manage I get one I'll bombard you with questions [​IMG] Thanks x

3. I don't think that it's crucial to be in post. The only benefit is that you may be able o get your employer to sub your fees, I'm not sure how the funding is allocated. When I started the MA DATA payed for 3 quarters of the fees leaving me to pay the rest.
    Best of luck & if you need more info just let me know via this post, I will keep checking.

4. Just about to tackle my third year. I have found it a real challenge at times balancing school and home alongside the volume of work required but it is really worth the effort (muddling through with dyslexia I find the written tasks very difficult but by ensuring they fit with what's happening in school made a real difference. It is a masters after all!). With plenty of tears and the odd sleepless night it has been better value for money than any CPD course I've attended having a huge impact on both my confidence and teaching in classroom.

You complete two written assignments a year for the first two years developing SOW's and implementing new initiatives that really do benefit your teaching and school. While the final year is more like 1 1/2 with the work not due till sept 2012 (for me) you complete an open research project. Developing your SOW and initiatives you are required to trail them out and analyse there success which could be a issues if you do not currently have a post as it is aimed at people currently teaching but I am sure if you talk the the course leaders and even try contacting previous schools you have connections with mayby they would be happy for you trail out some projects (there must be a suitable solution, what about working with a local primary!).

I could only suggest try contacting the course leader or administrator again and if there's no way of completing without a current post keep it in mind for the future.

If your up for the challenge I really do recommend it.