1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone tried a pet loc8tor?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lurk_much, Jun 28, 2011.

1. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

No but I think I will mention them to my mum,
    she may want to put one on my dad.
    He wanders off a lot nowadays.

2. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

[​IMG] Yes a pet loc8tor could be handy for a lot of things - I could find my marbles for instance as I appear to have lost them.

3. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

4. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

I really like the idea of that. It's a shame the article only displayed one of the photos. It would have been nice to see a few more . . . undergrowth ones . . . . mind you they would probably all contain a terrified/half eaten mouse or bird!
    The pet locator seems to have a range of 122 metres, which personally I don't think is that far. Not far enough for my cat, I know he goes further than that. Apparently it's efficacy is also dependent on what kind of obstacles there are tween cat and receiver. Just sounds a bit naff. I want one like you get in crime dramas - you watch the map on your pc or mobile phone and the red dot bleeps and also moves when the cat is on the move.