1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone Pie Corbetted a greek myth? Help!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by moonlighttail, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I am returning to work after nearly a term sick and have been told I have to do a Talk for Writing unit on a Greek Myth, e.g. adapt one suitable for upper KS2 with relevant language features and get the kids to learn it, innovate, etc. I am having a total mental block on this. Do not have any teaching resources at home because I have been off ill so am reliant on internet but am not happy with quality of the texts i find.
    Help!!!
    M

2. Pie Corbett's book KS2 bumper book of storytelling has King Midas in it!

3. Msz

Msz Established commenter

I use the Pie Corbett approach with Y2 last term to do writing on Pandora's box and Theseus and the Minotaur

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I did The Wooden Horse of Troy with a year five class. The boys loved the battle and the girls the fairytale aspect. Didn't have any resources apart from a children's version of the story.

5. Thank you that is brill - Have found Midas!

6. Hello. Any chance you still have the text you used for Theseus and the Minotaur??