1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone marked KS2 SATs papers? How much did you get paid?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by CDMforever, Sep 17, 2019.

1. CDMforever

CDMforever New commenter

My teaching contract will end in December/January and one of the thing I thing I could do to,earn some money was to mark SATs.

I can't seem to find the correct info on how much the pay is.

Can anyone help?

2. louise1202

louise1202 New commenter

Double check that you can do it if you are not currently working as a teacher. I am sure that this was a requirement previously. Well, I am not actually sure but fairly certaintain

3. ks9aq

ks9aq New commenter

I have marked the SATs for the past 4 years and have been on a career break all that time with the odd bit of supply. When I have met people during training there have been people who have been retired for 10+ years as well as secondary teachers who don't even teach that subject at secondary and have never taught primary.

4. Lalad

Lalad Star commenter

The NCT marking contract has gone to Capita for 2020, so it's unlikely the terms and conditions will remain the same as those imposed by Pearson.

5. markuss

markuss Occasional commenter

Nobody has ever marked KS2 SATs because they have never existed. As Lalad says, the national curriculum tests are NCTs.

6. markuss

markuss Occasional commenter

(If ks9aq checks contracts they've had, they'll see no mention of SATs, which do exist but only as tests for college entrance in the USA.)