1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

has anyone made a submarine in their role-play area? any photos you could share?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by LucyD84, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Has anyone made a submarine in their "under the sea" role-play area? If so...do you have any photos you could share? or an easy way of making a submarine that wont collapse/fall apart as soon as the children play in it!?
    I'm hoping to make a smallish submarine (for 1 or 2 children to fit in) and then make the surroundings look like "under the sea."

2. inky

inky Lead commenter

Don't forget the beeps!
    I thinnk you'll need some video clips to get the children in the mood. Most of our three-year-olds wouldn't have a clue about life under the sea. Having said that, it does sound like it might be fun.

3. beeps are a good idea!
    The reason we are doing under the sea is because quite a few of the children in my class talk about submarines! [​IMG] We've just done a topic on transport..and they've spent a lot of time talking about submarines and boats..i also have a child who is obsessed with turtles! so under the sea can cover both submarines/water transport and creatures that live under the sea!
    Does anyone have a photo of a submarine in their role-play area? or an under the sea role-play area?
    and any other great ideas for "under the sea" would be much appreciated! [​IMG]

4. Msz

Msz Established commenter

We hired this once[​IMG]
    you could use tunnels for airlocks if you have them in your PD equipment and a large box with portholes

5. haj

haj

http://www.**********.co.uk/gallery/gal326-330/gal328.html
    http://www.**********.co.uk/gallery/gal531-535/gal535.html

saw the above links for under the sea and a submarine the other day on ********** when was looking for inspiration for my cottage role play. hope that helps

Any ideas about what I can put in my cottage to make it more inviting? ( I thought it could double as cottage from little red riding hood and jack's cottage from jack and beanstalk- which are two books we are focusing on at the moment.