1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone Heard of the 'BOGOF' Supply Teacher initiative recently introduced?

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by gwanwyn, Jun 14, 2011.

1. It truly never ceases to amaze me<u> just how much</u> the 'Support' teachers in society are appreciated.

Anyone else heard of the Buy One Get One Free supply teachers initiative, as brought in by a certain well known Agency?

Bless those darling agencies?!?

2. Thing is ok agencies are a pain. However they are feeling the pinch as well. The schools are calling the shots, and also our teaching unions and quite a few of our teacher colleagues were not worrying their little heads about us lot over the past few years.
    Not being a member of a union anymore I am not that much bothered about what they are going to strike about soon, as it seem some things have ruffled their feathers.
    The destiny of supply teachers is a feather which was never there to be ruffled, as far as schools and teacher unions were concerned.
    It ain't just the agencies fault. When agency pay rates become a free for all. Then the schools go with the low payers quite happily.

3. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

besides which as long as you get poaid it dont matter if they lose out....but what would worry me more if they then dumb down the supply teachers rate. From what i gather there are less and less of us anyway.Not suprised as y can just about make a living as one in some areas!