1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone had an interview yet at Worcs Uni?

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by Lisa1969, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Lisa1969

Lisa1969 New commenter

Hi, I received a letter today inviting me for an interview next Tuesday (EEEK!) and notice on the accompanying interview notes, that I have to take a written statement showing my strengths in one of the Extended Subjects. Has anyone any idea what they are looking for here, do they just want an outline of what I studied in my degree or do they need me to relate my knowledge to the National Curriculum, or something else entirely??? Any help at all would be very gratefully received!

2. Lisa1969

Lisa1969 New commenter

Hi, I received a letter today inviting me for an interview next Tuesday (EEEK!) and notice on the accompanying interview notes, that I have to take a written statement showing my strengths in one of the Extended Subjects. Has anyone any idea what they are looking for here, do they just want an outline of what I studied in my degree or do they need me to relate my knowledge to the National Curriculum, or something else entirely??? Any help at all would be very gratefully received!

3. Hi, did you get on the course?? I have an interview at wors in 2 weeks and i too am concerned about this part of the interview.. my degree is in criminal justice!! but i have alevel in english and theatre studs so was going to choose english but no idea what to write!! Any suggestions or guidance would be MOST appreciated x

4. Hi Lisa
    I know exactly what is involved for the Worcester Interview as went for interview there back in 2007. I was offered a place on the Primary PGCE, but had to decline due to personal circumstances. I am now starting my GTP Primary in September with Wolves Uni..
    My extended subject was Geography so basically hand wrote an essay on how this subject links in to the Curriculum- things along the line of taking responsiblity for the planet, the global community, different cultures, responsible citizens etc. I can send you that if you would like.Do you have an email address?What is your subject? so constantly make the link between your subject and the curriculum and how it guides children in their learning.
    I also remember having to do an english test- correcting grammar and punctuation, spellings etc Know what a noun, verb, adjective is and read up on phonics too, not forgetting ECM. There is also some comprehension with accompanying questions. Not forgetting maths questions.
    If you need anymore help get in touch
    Vicky

5. Hi Vicky,
    I know it's been a while since you wrote the post I'm replying to but I wasn wondering if you couls help me please!! I have an interview at Worcester in 3 weeks for the Primary PGCE and am slightly worried about the ESS written piece they want us to do. I am going to do Science as I did Chemistry and Biology A-Levels (and a Law degree which isn't relevant to anything!) but I just don't know what to include in it. If you could send me yours I would be most grateful! Or any info.
    Thank you!
    Kate

6. Hi,

I'm aware it was two years ago that you wrote this, I would be very grateful for a reply.

I have a degree in Criminology and Criminal Justice & was wondering how you linked your degree to teaching in your interview? I also did English for A Level & am thinking of writing about that for the ESS.

I'm so nervous for the interview which is in just over a week, & would be SO grateful for any help/feedback you give me.

Hannah x

7. Hi,
    I also did criminal justice for my first degree! I wrote my ESS on english - i will see if i can find it and email you(if u give me your email ad)
    I dont recall really mentioning my first degree. I did my presentation for my interview on maths. I think if anything, if they question you on it, say that at the time you werent sure wat u wanted to do but wanted the uni experience and now you have realised teaching is the way forward for you. Have you had any jobs since you graduated?
    TORI X

8. Hi!

I am also struggling with the ess study! Would it be possible if you could email me what you did?

Thankyou! x

9. Hi Louise, I wanted to know did you go for your interview and how did it go? I have an interview with worcester and im dreading it. If you dont mind me aksing what did u do your presentation on and how did you go by with the ESS as im stuck on that too. Would really appreciate it if you could get back.
    Thank you
    Kiran x