1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone got....?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by madenglishgirl, Jan 11, 2011.

1. madenglishgirl

madenglishgirl New commenter

Has anyone got a copy of - 'Is Alcohol Worse Than Ecstasy?' (Horizon - Feb 2008) that they would be kind enough to pass on? Our school copy has died (on video and someone got it jammed in an ancient VCR) and I really want to show it to my Y11s....
    I will be grateful forever!

2. dominant_tonic

dominant_tonic Established commenter

I can download if necessary have messaged you. :)

3. mandala1

mandala1 Occasional commenter

4. dominant_tonic

dominant_tonic Established commenter

ho wmany schools can access youtube? I'venever been able to. But I guess there must be a way to download them thinking about it.

5. madenglishgirl

Thanks - will check PMs now :)
    Nope - we can't access youtube and any search I do is blocked because of bloody RM!

6. mandala1

mandala1 Occasional commenter

Yes you can download youtube.

A pleasure.

7. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Is that the actual title? There was another excellent programme called something like 'The 20 Most Dangerous Drugs in the World', where they reclassified drugs (legal and illegal) on modern criteria, and alcohol rated very highly on the scale.

8. madenglishgirl

Yep, that is definitely the title. Thanks Mandala, I had looked at youtube at home (as I have downloaded clips before) but all I could find were short clips.

9. Try torrent.

download utorrent.

look on bitche...it's there.

10. madenglishgirl

Have to say utorrent totally fecked up my computer and it had to be wiped and started again - so I am staying clear of that!

11. you can watch the whole thing on google video. I can't seem to copy and paste the address but just google "is alcohol worse than ecstasy" with google video.

If anyone has any teaching material to go along with the doc that would be very much appreciated :)

cheers

12. madenglishgirl

Thanks for that....problem is, google videos is banned at school [​IMG]

13. madenglishgirl

Thanks - I'll check it out tomorrow and see if it gets through the stringent filter!

14. If you can't get hold of the entire thing anywhere else then you can make your own complete video using Windows Moviemaker with the downloaded clips from Youtube. It's a bit time-consuming but it works fine.

15. madenglishgirl

Looks like it's back to the drawing board! ALL sites where you can watch any streaming videos has been blocked (TeachersTV being the only exception)
    Gah! I'm so frustrated!