1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone got into UCB???

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by tashdavies, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Hey everyone,

Just thought I'd see who has been offered an unconditional place on the Early years PGCE at University College Birmingham? So excited to start and wanted to see if anyone on here has got on?

Natasha

2. Hello... Well done on getting a place [​IMG] I have an interview on the 5th April, very nervous!! How did you find the interview? x

3. Hey,

Thank you, congratulations on being offered an interview. My interview day was so relaxed, the interviewers were lovely, they really put you at ease. What are you planning to do as your topic in the presentation? Try not to be nervous (easily said than done- I know). I enjoyed the interview day and I am sure you will too. Let me know if you have any questions about the day. Good Luck!

4. Thanks, I haven't had the interview details through yet.. did they send the information about it in the post? What does the day consist of? x

5. Yes they sent the details through the post. The day consists of going into a school and reading a book to children using a resource, whilst a mentor from the university observes you. Then you go to the university and complete a maths and english test. The interviewees then get separated into groups, where you are taken off to complete your presentation. In your presentation you need to make sure that you are seen to discuss the presentations that you have seen/ask questions. When you get your information pack through let me know if you need any more advice. Good luck! x

6. That's good then, want to just get on and prepare for it really. Sounds pretty intense, but hopefully will be okay. Thankyou! x

7. You will be absolutely fine, the day is relaxed even though there are quite a few things to do. Let me know if you need any more advice, as long as you are prepared you will be fine! x

8. Got the interview details through, looks quite intense! How did you find the reading part of it? Think

9. Got the interview details through now, looks quite intense! How was the English test... did they give you a topic to write about or did you just write about anything? Thinking of doing SEN for my presentation, what did you do? Is there no individual interview? Sorry for all the questions lol. x

10. I didn't know that UCB did a PGCE course!!! UCB is pretty local to me and it's actually where I did my degree so I might have a look and apply to them if I can!

Congratulations and good luck!

11. They sure do :) have you applied to any other places as of yet? Good Luck in your application!

12. Thankyou so much for your help, had my inteview on tues, and just received an offer so I'll be seeing in September :) soo excited! x

13. Wow that's great news, congratulations!! Look forward to meeting you in September- I can't wait to start!! Let me know if you get anything through the post about the summer school days, as I haven't yet. x

14. Hi, I was at the interview on 5th April and found out last friday I've been accepted! So happy!!
    I got an email about the open days and will be going to both of them. Anyone applying for accomodation? Ive applied for the Maltings which according to the accomodation office is where most of the PGCE students are placed. Becky

15. Hiya!!! I've applied for the pgce at ucb this year and I gr my interview coming up vvvv soon,

Can I just ask what you did for your written task please.

Help will be very much appreciated!!

Thankyou :)