1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone got a multicooker?

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by towncryer, May 20, 2019.

1. towncryer

towncryer Established commenter

I know you're all expert cooks on here...or at least enthusiasts...so I would like your opinion if you have one of these.
    They are supposed to roast,steam,deep fry, slow cook and a host of other things...so I am tempted to get rid of all the individual machines and replace with a multi cooker. Would create so much more room in the cupboards too.

Any advice from experience,good or bad would be welcome.

2. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

Haven't got one but have looked too. I think it's counter space rather cupboard space that is key though. I won't dig something like that out - it has to be easy.

I've run out of counter space so probably won't get one. Might consider it once my hot box dies though.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  3. towncryer

I need space too. My kitchen is the worst room in my flat....small and cramped in contrast to the rest of the flat...so I keep everything in cupboards to free up the miserly amount of counter space we have,At the moment I have an air fryer,slow cooker,steamer and rice cooker competing for space so a multi cooker might be the solution. Looks like nobody has one judging by the responses on here.

4. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Sounds fine.....until you want a slow cooked curry and rice at the same time!

5. towncryer

Yes there is that.
    Means I would have to keep hold of the other things anyway so doesn't solve the problem.
    I think that the lack of response to my question tells me everything I need to know. It's clear that many of you enjoy cooking so I guess a multi cooker would have been a must have for many of you if you saw any merit in it.
    I will put it on my "maybe"list for the time being.