Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.
Don't forget to look at the how to guide.
Discussion in 'Media studies' started by Strider, Mar 4, 2011.
Has anyone made a mock yet?
Im starting to put resources on today.
I made my students answer the following 4 questions:
1) What should an audience expect from a film in the Action Adventure Genre? (discuss conventions, structure, characters, narratives etc)
2) Why are Action Adventure films so popular with audiences?
3) Why do some people criticise Action Adventure films?
4) We would like you to pitch an idea for a new Action Adventure film that shows many of the usual conventions of the Action Adventure genre. However we are aware that many action adventure films feature negative stereotypes of both gender and ethnicity. We would like you to ensure that at least one of your main characters is "non stereotypical". In your pitch you should describe the film's:
* age certificate
* What films inspired your idea
* How you have ensured that one character is "non stereotypical".
Hope this helps!