1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone else applied for PGCE primary at Leedsmet?

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by Emrod, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Hello,

Im just curious if anyone else has applied for PGCE primary at Leedsmet? Have you heard back from them yet? If so, how long were you waiting after you applied to hear back from them?

Thank You :)
    Em

2. Hello,

Im just curious if anyone else has applied for PGCE primary at Leedsmet? Have you heard back from them yet? If so, how long were you waiting after you applied to hear back from them?

Thank You :)
    Em

3. Hello.. I have not applied at Leeds Met but my friend had his interview there yesterday - think they were the first group to be asked as far as I understand. Fingers crossed for you :)

4. Hi there, just saw your post. Have you heard back from them yet?

5. Sorry i have only just seen this! I have just found out i have an interview next week.

6. @ Emrod - Good for your interview.

I had mine early Dec, still waiting to hear the outcome. The festive season has obviously slowed decisions down - so its fingers crossed for now!

7. Hope they get back to you soon, good luck!
    Yes i emailed yesterday to see if i had got an interview or not, and got an email back saying yes. Still not updated on GTTR yet though. Did you find the interview process okay?

8. Interview day was very good. Brief first thing which was very reassuring, explaining how the rest of the day work. Followed by a written task and the group task. Both again were fully explained with regards to what they were looking for etc. What was good was that if we did make errors a simple line through would be acceptable.

The afternoon brought a long wait till it was your turn for the 1 - 1 interview, again very relaxed atmosphere although you only have 10 minutes and 2 are taken up on the first question of why.

Overall the whole day was good compared to some of the differing processes out there.

9. Found out today. Got in!

Very relieved after a long wait. When was your interview?

Sarah

10. Congratulations Sarahford1 :)

Found out today that I've been accepted - fantastic news. Had my interview on the 7 Dec so glad the waiting is over.

When did you have your interview?

Andy

11. I've just found out today i have a place! :)

12. Well done Emrod :)

Do you know when we will get any other details like CRB paperwork, etc?
    Andy

13. Interview was the same day as yours Andy...we must have met!

14. Wow which group were you in? I was in group 1.<u></u>

15. Ah, well I think I was in group 2 but have to admit, I'm struggling to remember now! Oh dear.

16. Yes it seems like a lift time ago! Have you heard anything back from them yet? Andy

17. Anyone else offerred a place? Have you heard anything since replying via GTTR?
    Cheers
    Andy

18. Hi Andy,
    I haven't heard anything since replying. Have you, or anyone else?

Emma

19. Hi Emma,

I emailed at the end of March as the suspense was killing me, having not heard anything or received any form of acknowledgement post accepting my offer. I was informed that there will be a pre induction day in July and the information will be sent out nearer the time. They will send the CRB and Health Questionnaire in May/June. The Induction/Registration information will be sent out in August. Hope this helps. Not heard from anyone else that has a place.
    Andy

20. Hi Andy, Thanks for your post It has claryfied things and saved me sending my e-mail to Leeds Met. I also have a place on the course in Sept and was also getting concerned that we hadnt heard anything back from them. My interview was the last one on the 29th Feb. Im looking forward to meeting everyone on the open day in July. There is a general open evening on the 31st May for anyone to attend that I may go along to but not sure yet. Clare