1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone completed an Ed(D)

Discussion in 'Professional development' started by jrd168, May 13, 2011.

1. Hello everyone. I recently completed an M(Ed) - thoroughly enjoyed it - found it academically challenging and useful for my career. I have begun thinking therefore of moving on to an Ed(D). I'm not sure where to study though and wondered if anyone has any recent experience of sulch courses particularly around the midlands?

2. I did my MAEd with OU and there EdD course looks good.

3. Thanks. I looked at that - it seems that I might have to do some of their research methods courses first before starting the EdD proper. It might be useful anyhow I guess - just
    going to cost more!

4. Wanderer007

Wanderer007 New commenter

It may be useful to also look into which university departments share in your research interest, and will make for a thriving research community, E.g. Birmingham has a strong Centre for International Education (CIER) and Physical Education courses, King's College London has strengths in Mathematics Education etc...