1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

HAs anyone bought a reasonably priced vacuum cleaner recently? Any recommendations, please?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by gorgybaby, Nov 4, 2011.

1. I need one to put in a student property. I have always bought Dysons but don't feel like buying another at the moment - was wondering about something cheaper. Bagless I think. Please has anyone bought a decent one recently?
    Many thanks

2. I need one to put in a student property. I have always bought Dysons but don't feel like buying another at the moment - was wondering about something cheaper. Bagless I think. Please has anyone bought a decent one recently?
    Many thanks

3. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

I bought a Henry!
    He's not bagless but he is lovely!!!!

4. Thanks Carrie. I have always had a thing about Henries, I don't know why. I know a lot of people who like them. It is to go into a rental property and so it would be difficult to have a baggy one. How much was he? (If you don't mind my asking)

5. I bought a Dyson on offer. My mum swears by her Henry.

6. I also have a Henry and he is brilliant - there is a reason why most cleaning companies use them. Mine was about £90, I think? I bought it at Dixons online - plus got cashback through Quidco.

7. Why is a bag hoover unsuitable for a rental property?

8. Because the tenants are obnoxious t.wats and I think they won't buy the bags. I would normally get a Dyson but they are such gits I don't want to. I had a baggy Miele many years ago and I hated it. Have only had Dysons since.

9. catmother

catmother Star commenter

I've got a yellow bagless Zanussi. I came from Asda and was pretty cheap. It's really good.

10. Ah! That makes more sense!

11. catmother

catmother Star commenter

12. pussycat

pussycat New commenter

Henry every time. And here is a little tip for all you Henry lovers - you don't need to use a bag! They work brilliantly without and are virtually indestructible!

13. fantastischfish

fantastischfish Established commenter

I have a Miele and it's brilliant.

14. Ooh that's interesting. I'm on my last bag of the current batch...

15. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

My mum got a Miele from Makro for about £99! Amazing, as they are normally really expensive. I think they're the creme de la creme of the hoover world ... and my mums says it's the best one she's ever owned.

16. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

just had a look on makro online, gorgy, and the cheap Miele is a bagged vacuum cleaner [​IMG]
    Makro do have some cracking deals on all types of VC though [​IMG]
    I own a Henry but I think I'm the only person ever to dislike it! Really bulky, and annoying to transport around the house. In fairness, the problem probably lies in my preference for upright VCs. [​IMG]

17. copycat

copycat Senior commenter

I also got a Zanussi bagless upright. It was only £58 and is brilliant.

18. loodle1

loodle1 Occasional commenter

Vax bagless for about £70. It's pretty good. Check out deals at Argos

19. Thanks so much, everyone. My Miele was a BIG disappointment. Mind you, I must have had it about 20 years ago and it was a baggy one. I have a thing against Henrys, I don't know why. Interesting that they can be used without a bag...I will check out your recommendations,
    XX

20. We bought a reconditioned, secondhand dyson from ebay a couple of years ago. About £55 inc delivery and it's great. Not sure who we bought it from, but there's usually lots on there.