1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone been to Stockholm?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by RedBedHead94, Nov 28, 2016.

1. RedBedHead94

RedBedHead94 Established commenter

SO is treating me to a short break (Sunday - Tuesday) just before Christmas! I've never been before.
    Any recommendations for places to eat and things to do?

We've got a hire car so we can travel a little, i've still not secured a job so my spending money is limited to £180 for the three days we are there!

2. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Yes, It's very, very, very expensive.

RedBedHead94 likes this.
  3. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

i have! and it's not cheap. the city centre isn't very big, so you can walk everywhere pretty much.
    this place is amazing. the food is fabulous and you really can eat as much as you like. pretty cheap for stockholm too. it has a fantastic view over the water. Try the Telecom tower thing - great cafe with cake galore.
    NKO has a cafe in the basement which is good and cheap. it's a great department store anyway.
    there's no real need to drive, tbh, though if you want to see the palace you could. we went on the bus there and boat back.

RedBedHead94 likes this.
  4. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

Did a cruise ship sail into Stockholm and it was just lovely. All little islands quite a lot of them having houses on them. If there is any sign of a water based excursion it would get my vote. Many folk on the ship went to the Abba museum and liked it.

I would do some research for your trip.... prob Trip Advisor..... some good hints there

5. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

Watch out for moody police detectives! ;)

RedBedHead94 likes this.
  6. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

the abba museum hadn't opened when we went :(
    the design shops are all just gorgeous, and are everywhere. get over to sodermalm if you have time - that restaurant is there, the photography museum, and other cool places.

RedBedHead94 likes this.
  7. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

Not for over forty years so my comments would be well out-of-date

RedBedHead94 likes this.