1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone applied for GTP without 'significant experience'?

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by MrsK2806, Feb 4, 2011.

1. My husband has been turned down for his pgce and has thought about it and realised that the GTP route would suit him much better.. He has only a limited amount of experience observing in a school for 6 weeks although he will be starting as voluntary TA at a school once a week very soon.. Has anyone applied for gtp with similar experience and got offers, conditional or otherwise?

Thanks,

Kate

2. My husband has been turned down for his pgce and has thought about it and realised that the GTP route would suit him much better.. He has only a limited amount of experience observing in a school for 6 weeks although he will be starting as voluntary TA at a school once a week very soon.. Has anyone applied for gtp with similar experience and got offers, conditional or otherwise?

Thanks,

Kate

3. Yes. I've applied for a GTP Secondary French/Spanish and haven't got mountains of experience. I've taught dance voluntarily and been a teaching assistant one hour a week for 6 months during my degree but nothing more. I've been to a school who expressed interest in seeing me for a formal GTP interview depending on funding info. I'm a bit worried that for GTPs it's not the number of places that is important but the level of funding the government gives to schools to pay for our unqualified teacher's wages. Worried that if they pull the funding, the schools will just get PGCE students instead. Good luck with yours, hope you get a place! I've got my fingers and toes crossed!