1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Has any one had an interview for PGCE Primary or Primary/ with EAL interview at Newman College?

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by JimJackJones, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Hi I have An interview with newman college for the Primary with EAL PGCE and was wondering if any on had any advise. I have quite a lot of reading to do as originally I wanted to do secondary English so I'm not quite up to speed with current issues yet. Thanks James

2. Hi I have An interview with newman college for the Primary with EAL PGCE and was wondering if any on had any advise. I have quite a lot of reading to do as originally I wanted to do secondary English so I'm not quite up to speed with current issues yet. Thanks James

3. Hi James,
    Well I had my interview a few weeks ago, and have a conditional place. What advice would you like?
    In terms of your presentation; make it about a hobby that you know well and are passionate about. Remember to relax, add humour and I would encourage interaction between the other interviewees and you!
    Like other universities, there is a math and english test. Maths you should know your percentages, fractions, and word problems. English: is free writing on a topic given on the day (related to education) and a text with errors that you need to correct.

Interview itself: make sure you are up to date with recent issues related to EAL. Check Guardian news and TES.

When is your interview? Good Luck,
    S

4. Hi James,
    Well I had my interview a few weeks ago, and have a conditional place. What advice would you like?
    In terms of your presentation; make it about a hobby that you know well and are passionate about. Remember to relax, add humour and I would encourage interaction between the other interviewees and you!
    Like other universities, there is a math and english test. Maths you should know your percentages, fractions, and word problems. English: is free writing on a topic given on the day (related to education) and a text with errors that you need to correct.

Interview itself: make sure you are up to date with recent issues related to EAL. Check Guardian news and TES.

When is your interview? Good Luck,
    S

[/quote]I would like to
    know the format of the day, interviews tests etc. The types of questions they
    asked at interview. Also I am
    struggling to find articles on current issues in EAL. Is the presentation somthing which is prepared before the day of interview I havent been sent any information yet reagarding date and what the day entails.

5. Hey,

Did you have your interview yet? If so, how'd it go? I've got a place and I'll be going this September :)

P