1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Has a parent ever overheard you saying something you shouldn't have?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by impulce, Dec 2, 2011.

1. I did something a bit daft today. I was talking to a member of staff and had a bit of a moan about a parent (nothing rude or agressive, just a little whinge about them being 'funny' because they always ring and ask the receptionist questions, for me, instead of speaking to me and I dont know why they dont just come and speak to me) and then realised that another (difficult!) parent was behind me.
    Im a bit worried they're going to either a) tell said parents, or b) complain to the head. I shouldn't have been whinging publically and feel terrible. If they do, all I can do is apologise!
    Should I be worried or am I just one of lifes great worriers about nothing? Has anyone else ever been overheard saying something inappropriate by a parent?

2. Yes, I was once. The parent threatened to report me to County Hall and said she would ensure I was disciplined. She said she NEVER wanted me near her son under Any circumstances etc.....
    Well she never reported me so that came to nothing. I never did have her child in my class but I didn't take him on a P.E. tournament of some sort because of the situation and she told me off for discriminating against him. I told her she couldn't have it both ways and that I was abiding by her wishes and she stormed off.
    I obviously had to tell the head at the time it happened and got hauled over the coals a bit but I knew that what I had done was wrong so took the flak. It was horrible waiting to see if it would be taken further though.