1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Harry Potter!!!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by rhilindsay, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Any ideas for following a childs interest in harry potter??? struggling here

2. Witches and Wizards role play area?

3. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

Some of the children in my class are interested in Harry Potter this year, and play HP when they are outside. They assure me that they have seen the film, which really surprised me. I'd have thought it would be too scary. I certainly wouldn't have let Cariadlet see Harry Potter (or Doctor Who either) when she was in Reception.

4. My class have loved "magic" and Harry Potter this year!! It's been an on-going interest since October! We had a "magic shop" role play area- set up around Halloween so it was easy to buy lots of Witchy/wizardy things!! We filled it with "cobwebs"..had wands/wizard cloaks/hats/frogs/rats/spiders/cauldrons/spells/magical maps etc.
    We had lots of wizard themed writing paper and they wrote their own "spells" which we put together as a spell book.
    Some of my class appeared to have seen the films...but i dont think many had..they simply have things like "harry potter lego"v at home and joined in with the whole "magic/harry potter" idea without really knowing much about it!!