1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Harry Potter resources/ideas for Year 2

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Shabas, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Anyone got any planning or ideas that they have used with year 2 children. We are having a theme week and the children love Harry Potter at the moment, so looking for inspiration. Thanks

2. EcoLady

EcoLady New commenter

Be prepared for at least one parent to complain that HP is unsuitable for their precious 6-7 year old. My own children's after school club had to scrap plans for HP-themed half-term activities and I had objections from Brownie parents when it was a potential pack holiday theme.:-(

3. Have you checked that you can use it? We have had to remove any witch/wizard/ magic themed books from our year group because of one child who is not allowed to read anything of the sort!

4. Jehovah's witnesses are not allowed to do anything with magic in!
    All of the Harry Potter films are PG or 12's!
    NOt really suitable for year 2. Shouldnt you be doing the worst witch etc?

5. Similarly, one of my regular supply schools has had to remove all such books from the whole school (not literally, I gather they're shoved in a store cupboard somewhere), as the town in which said school is located has a rather vocal coven. It's a CE school, and the parents as a whole apparently don't want their kids asking any sort of questions about magic.