1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Harry Hill's TV Burp!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Doglover, Feb 12, 2011.

1. I can't be the only person alive, who just does not get this programme?
    He drives me absolutley insane!!

2. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I must admit that the first time I saw it I thought it was funny but it is a one trick pony and by the third prog I had seen enough.

3. I forgot it was on. I do like the way he (well, his researchers) sees the same bit of TV I do but attributes something ludicrous to it that I missed. But as you say, too much of the same.

4. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Sorry, DL - I love Harry! He's of the same school as Vic & Bob (who I also love).
    On the other hand, I can't abide Ricky Gervais and his ilk.
    Horses for courses, I suppose. [​IMG]

5. Oh I don't like Ricky Gervais either.
    Harry Hill needs something to calm him down a little, it's all his noises and facial expressions and everything else, lol. It makes my head sore :p

6. anon468

anon468 New commenter

I always think he's a bit like a cartoon character - everything's larger than life and exaggerated.

7. I have an uncle with a brilliant sense of humour, and he thinks Harry Hill is hilarious. In fact, most people I know find him funny. :s

8. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Dear DL, I KNOW you have an excellent sense of humour. Harry just isn't your cup of tea, that's all. [​IMG]
    Who do you like in the world of comedy?

9. One of the few programmes I HAVE to turn off. Not funny at all. (I have just sat in the kitchen listening to OH chuckling in the living room for the last half hour).

10. Thank you Manashee.
    Found Nemo - that is exactly how I feel, lol. I am glad that I am not alone. :)

11. I'll tell you I just do not get at all: Miranda Hart.
    Desperately unfunny. I'm embarrassed to watch her.

12. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Noooooo! Miranda Hart is hilarious!!
    But I can't abide French & Saunders.

13. What am I missing? I find the plots reminiscent of 70s Terry and June, her sledgehammer delivery and exaggerated facial contortions ghastly and the whole thing overworked and contrived.
    I have been enjoying Episodes on Monday night.

14. My eldest loves Miranda Hart, but it drives me mad too, lol.
    I heard the girl who plays her interviewed on the radio one day, and she was really hard to listen to.
    I don't if anyone knows it, but I absolutely love "The Big Bang Theory", in fact we all love it here.
    I am guessing that is because all of us, including my OH, have frightening similarities to Sheldon, one of the characters :p

15. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

I enjoy Harry Hill. I don't understand some of his humour, but I usually get a few grins and maybe a laugh or two out of the half-hour.
    I have tried to watch Miranda, but I get really frustrated....I can't even work out <u>why</u> I'm supposed to find her funny.
    I thoroughly enjoy QI - and am content to watch the same episode for the third or fourth time on Dave.

16. Me either. I can't stand Harry Hill or any comedian really who has such an obvious "persona". Obviously, most have a stage self but not one so laboriously constructed.

17. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Just goes to show how very personal comedy is!
    We went to see Stephen K Amos at the Festival last summer - show had been lauded to the max and we'd seen bits and bobs of him on various comedy panel shows and thought he'd be good.
    The show remains one of the singularly most unfunny experiences of my life. Halfway through, husband whispered to me 'this is sh*te, can we leave and go to the bar?'
    Reginald D Hunter on the other hand - total legend. If you ever get a chance to see him live, do it!

18. That's how I feel. I get really confused when people I know and think are halfway sane find it funny.

19. anon468

anon468 New commenter

[​IMG]
    I'm fairly sane, I think!

20. You and Seren both like it (and some real life people but you don't care about them!) so I tried to stick a whole episode. Couldn't do it.