1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Harry and Meghan

Discussion in 'Personal' started by minnie me, Oct 22, 2019.

1. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Is it just me who finds their whining ( ‘ us us, us ‘ ) incredibly annoying and totally unjustified ? No, I did not watch the recent documentary covering their trip to Africa but I have scanned the Sunday papers / headlines covering ‘ the story ‘ of their ‘ vulnerability / damaging intrusive press related issues / not coping issues ‘.

Shocked at Harry and his military background who surely would be able to put in context his current ‘ woe is me ‘ approach with the traumatic life changing experiences of those servicemen injured in conflict ?

She now has a life of privilege and luxury. As a new ‘ mom ‘ she has more help than most ..... I just want someone to tell them to ‘ get over themselves ‘ !!

Rant over ...

(Quietly meanwhile the Queen @ 90 plus continues to commit to a staggering number of public engagements....... )

2. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Lead commenter

Multi-millionaire Meghan already had a life of privilege and luxury.
    The recent interviews are badly judged but I still reckon she has had a much harder time than she deserves.

3. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

If you didn't watch the programme, commenting on it based on the reports on the sorts of newspapers they criticise for lying repeatedly about them, seems a bit foolish. A bit like basing comments on the EU on a reading of comments on it by Farage and newspaper articles by Johnson.

Lala24, stanley4shoes, TCSC47 and 3 others like this.
  4. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

If they want to get off the "royal" platform, let them go. They can go and live in America and stop emoting all over our press. They will never be left alone by the media but they can certainly stop doing official events , drop the income from the country, live unofficial lives and enjoy a bit more privacy. Just do it - stop moaning, we wont be that bothered. And, as the royal media person said on "Today" they get plenty of good press so they should acknowledge that too.

ShowerGel, Laphroig, Shedman and 6 others like this.
  5. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Well I suppose everything is relative in the ‘ hard time ‘ stakes @LondonCanary ? A bit of resilience would not go amiss ?

@FrankWolley - I suspect I read enough to work out they are looking for some kind of ‘ sympathy ‘ vote . The point I was making is that they have much for which to be grateful ?

6. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

I watched the programme. I thought they were trying to be honest. Harry has obviously still got huge issues about his role and about his mother’s death. I think they should take five years out, maybe in the US, to live as quietly as they can without duties and media. Even the queen had years in Malta during her early years of marriage to be away from most royal pressures.

7. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

You have fallen into the trap that the tabloids set. Your interpretation of the programme bears only a passing similarity to the one I (unwillingly) watched.

FWIW I am an avowed republican. But I can also spot the tabloids inventing stories and regard that as disgusting.

Laphroig, jubilee, TCSC47 and 4 others like this.
  8. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

[​IMG]

9. peakster

peakster Star commenter

She (in particular) will never be liked by the tabloid press in this country.

If they want to escape and go and live abroad then fair play to them.

Who wants to live here any more ?.

10. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Lead commenter

People with onlty a British passport, who speak only English?

monicabilongame and Kandahar like this.
  11. neddyfonk

neddyfonk Lead commenter

Why does everyone call him Harry ? when his given name is Henry. Do I care - not at all. Looking forward to the reports of Harry and Meghan romping around in Buckingham Palace, sex in the pantry, bed hopping with the chauffeur, deflowering young handmaids etc etc etc. Rumours in the tabloids are bound to start as soon as the royal breeding season is over.
    Both Harry and Meghan have very active libidos to keep in check. There - you see! anyone can muck rake with impunity.

Ivartheboneless likes this.
  12. Kandahar

Kandahar Established commenter

Really?

13. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

We need to get rid of the lot of them from the Queen down.

catbefriender and HelenREMfan like this.
  14. anotherauntsally

anotherauntsally Lead commenter

Injuries suffered by servicemen are not always physical. You just have to notice how many of the homeless living on the street are ex-servicemen to see how much being in areas of conflict can affect mental health as well.

She had a life of privilege already and as you say, she is a new mum. How can you be sure her life’s not being made more difficult by some sort of post natal depression?

Like Frank, I’m no apologist for the royals but I can’t be bothered with all this.

15. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

I said from the outset this would end in tears.....I get the impression she is very much a proper little madam.
    "marry in haste....." and all that.
    Having been bored rigid by all the pro hype we received..... have no sympathy at all now.
    Harry needs to get grounded again.....

16. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

Meghan might have post natal depression. Harry could well be depressed. Becoming a dad could bring up all sorts of feelings related to his mother's death. Who knows. Depression can hit anyone, regardless of class, power and wealth. They should move away and be allowed to live their lives in private.

17. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

Easy to say, but It's not always easy to be resilient, as many posts on these forums show. Yes, they do have much to be grateful for, but wealth and fame don't always bring happiness.

576 and TCSC47 like this.
  18. --Badger--

--Badger-- Occasional commenter

19. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Yes I get that mental health issues are often dealt with unsympathetically. If in deed they are suffering and want to live more privately ( for fearing that continued exposure to public life and its demands are exacerbating the situation ) then I think better to reign in ( no pun intended ) and live a different non royal life ?

Laphroig and caress like this.
  20. peter12171

peter12171 Star commenter

Plenty of people apparently (I post this to make no political comment on levels of immigration, just to show plenty of people want to live here).

D39AD398-A8DA-40A6-BE22-9D312E051B85.png