1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Harry and Megan

Discussion in 'Personal' started by oldsomeman, Jul 1, 2020.

1. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

Can anyone tell me why some parts of the ~britsh press keep worrying about these two?
    There seems to be an obsession over what they say do or are supposed to have done.
    Might we be better just forgetting them ,and letting them struggle in the life they have chosen?

2. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

3. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

4. lizziescat

lizziescat Star commenter

It sells newspapers/ advertising space.
    ‘We’ keep commenting on it.
    They’ll keep reporting on it

agathamorse likes this.
  5. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

Are they still going on about them? It's a while since I last saw them mentioned in the media.

If they are the answer is simple. Newspapers report on stuff they think their readers are interested in not what middle class professionals think they ought to discuss.. That's capitalism for you.

agathamorse likes this.
  6. Nealswife

Nealswife Occasional commenter

Are people worrying or gloating at their struggles? I feel sorry for a young man who lost his mother is terrible circumstances and a woman whose father and 'sister' have behaved badly - past conflict or envy? Why have they become such pariahs when Harry was everyone's darling, before he married? Fickle press or fickle public?

agathamorse and BelleDuJour like this.
  7. Kandahar

Kandahar Star commenter

They are fast becoming a national embarrassment.

Laphroig likes this.
  8. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

Her father and sister may have behaved "badly" but she's hardly in a position to cast the first stone. People think Harry could have done better, that she manipulates him. I think any gloating is directed at her rather than him.

agathamorse and Laphroig like this.
  9. Nealswife

Sorry but I haven't kept up with them - what have they done recently? I only saw that they were married.

10. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

It would seem that Harry has sided with the BLM via his wife, that there are problems about some or Megan's friends she ditched because the friend spoke out on an issue( possibly becoming an embarrassment to the Megan image?). Plus the new book in which she says why she could not stay in the royal family.......what is truth and speculation I do not know.
    Obviously over here the megabucks talking tour she signed up to might revel royal 'secrets' in the lecture tours.
    Yes, I have noticed the headlines but I tried to avoid the article but one can't help not seeing them!

agathamorse likes this.
  11. Spoofer4114

Spoofer4114 Lead commenter

Struggle? These people are millionaires. They'll never know a day of struggle in their lives.

border_walker likes this.
  12. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

I think there are some books coming out. One is about the "feud" between William and Harry. It will help sales if the issue is kept current. Extracts from the books, and reactions to them, will then fill some articles.

It is a shame that the authors and publishers get away with this bloodsucking.

13. eleanorms

eleanorms Occasional commenter

Daily Mail and Mirror on line are free. So they needs advertising. Harry and Megs generate clicks so that people can leave and read comments of outrage. Then they said they would not 'engage' with British tabloids. So now it's a free for all. Win/win for the Daily Mail. And they are quite good at crashing the PR car.

Kandahar and lizziescat like this.
  14. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

Possibly because the fact that people are forever starting threads about Harry and Meghan is evidence that people must still be interested in them. (Sorry, Oldsome ! ;)).

WB, oldsomeman and Nealswife like this.
  15. Morninglover

Morninglover Star commenter

You are easily embarrased.

Cummings & his drive to check his eyesight is much more of an embarrassment

16. Kandahar

Kandahar Star commenter

You really must lear to let go.

17. grumbleweed

grumbleweed Star commenter

Why do some people always assume that if have money you can't 'struggle'. They are not mutually exclusive. Not all struggles in life are related to money and we all know money doest make you happy.

18. Nealswife

A shame for Harry as he has been derided for not being the son of a 'royal' - not his fault...perhaps this Megan lust was his rebellion against an archaic way of life and wonder if Kate, had anything to do with the fuel to help them on their way out of here? The queen appears helpless, even dour. She must feel the 'family' are falling apart and it started with the people's princess having a field day with the press - poor Harry though. I think he's confused and rudderless.
    As a mother, I'd find this grief hard for my child. His 'father' lives in cuckoo land anyway! William was his only real ally. How will history view this in a hundred years?

BelleDuJour likes this.
  19. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

It does when you don't have any, trust me.
    Plain vanilla financial need is a pretty common and very real basis for many who simply don't want a Monarchy.It is perfectly ratonal and extrapolated from social division and inequality of wealth.
    If you say money doesn't matter, then you miss the fact that there are haves and have nots and there is no spring board of opportunity or effort or luck to move from one to the other.
    I digress. Off topic..
    But it matters.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
    Kandahar likes this.
  20. Nealswife

Even with all their money, no good will come from this for the children who have such connections but no wider family to relate to - money is not the problem....social acceptance matters more to them to feel valued by those who supposedly love you? Parents, grand parents and siblings - that is the sad part for the family splits.

agathamorse and BelleDuJour like this.