1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Happy Holiday.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by smurphy6, Jul 19, 2019.

1. smurphy6

smurphy6 Senior commenter

We’ve broken up for the summer holidays. Yippee! Six glorious weeks stretching ahead. Time to relax and potter about. Lovely. Happy holiday to all those starting theirs around this time too. I wish us all a happy, healthy and safe time.

emerald52, vannie, catmother and 14 others like this.
  2. CheeseMongler

CheeseMongler Lead commenter

And a happy holiday to you too! :D

Lara mfl 05 and nomad like this.
  3. BertieBassett2

BertieBassett2 Lead commenter

I think some schools finish next Wednesday.

4. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

It's Tuesday around here. But happy holidays to those who have finished and commiserations to those who have longer than me.

josienig and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  5. Grandsire

Grandsire Senior commenter

Finished here too! Can’t believe I don’t have to go in next week! It hasn’t quite sunk in yet, despite the house being filled with flowers, cards and a rapidly-dwindling number of chocolates.

I’m still in the planning-printing-resourcing mood and can be quite productive in the first few days of the holiday, so I’ll probably get stuff done next week then completely switch off for the rest of the holiday.

I love my job (in August)!

Lara mfl 05 and (deleted member) like this.
  6. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Enjoy.

Still have 3 days ahead of us here.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  7. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Two more days for us.

Well.....day and a half really.

Lara mfl 05 and (deleted member) like this.
  8. Over_the_hill

Over_the_hill Star commenter

Two more days of Quality First Teaching left for me too! NOT!

9. Sillow

Sillow Lead commenter

Broken up today! So happy. I shall have to dig out my usual pile of summer holiday reading matter, there are a couple of books I always read at this time of year. I shall be doing no work, instead enjoying next week's sunshine and hugging the Baby Dragon.

Happy holidays to all over the next few days!

josienig and (deleted member) like this.
  10. peakster

peakster Star commenter

We don't officially break up until lunchtime on Tuesday but I do feel like today (Sunday) is the first day of the holidays. Unless I get a cover tomorrow (which is unlikely) I'll just be doing a massive room tidy-up and changing wall displays ready for September as I don't intend coming in during the holiday this year.

Tuesday - I have a couple of lessons and then I'll spend Tuesday afternoon finishing off whatever I didn't get done on Monday. We are having our leavers "do" on Monday after school (I'm not going).

Assuming we get our timetables (not a given) then I'll try and print off set lists and after that I'm done until early September.

It's been a tough year - but my no means the worst I've had.

Three more years and I will probably retire.

11. peakster

peakster Star commenter

The best thing about the holidays ?

I don't have to eat a f****** sandwich for lunch every day.

12. peakster

peakster Star commenter

..and I don't have to get up at 5 am every morning.

13. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Lead commenter

Kids finished on Friday but we have two more days - handovers, tidying up and a bit of curriculum stuff. Does feel like the holidays have started already - have a good one, everyone!

14. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

Speaking from the deepest depths of retirement, I can only echo that sentiment!

15. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

Very busy today - made strawberry ice-cream and apricot jam.

All that blooming sugar... a small bag usually lasts us two years..

primarycat likes this.