1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Happy Half Term Holiday

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by pepper5, Oct 23, 2015.

1. pepper5

pepper5 Star commenter

Just sending everyone best wishes for a restful half term.
    Hope work picks up for everyone next term.

Pepper5

scattykatty and snowyhead like this.
  2. snowyhead

snowyhead Lead commenter

Yes, I echo @pepper5's good wishes. Hopefully work will start picking up for you all.

Don't forget to get a flu jab during the break - it could keep you working when others can't.

3. nearmiss

nearmiss Lead commenter

And you are entitled to sign on for JSA and get eye tests and dentists appointments heavily subsidised.

4. emmalcm

emmalcm New commenter

Thanks! Well I just had my payslip through from an agency and found they have missed a full day at £95 off my pay. Guess who's going to be spending half term trying to get hold of them?! Hope I get it sorted soon so I can spend some time not worrying about work related issues, it's been one thing after another this half term.

5. pepper5

pepper5 Star commenter

Yes...let us not worry about work this week.

How about some of you who are viewing but not posting, consider posting something. It is great to hear what others have to say about supply teaching - its ups or downs or any funny stories.

6. nearmiss

nearmiss Lead commenter

However, if you are experiencing more downs than ups and are unhappy about the whole agency supply question and want to make a stand, there is a lobby of supply agencies hosted by the NUT next Wednesday in London.
    https://www.teachers.org.uk/supply