1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Happy Friday night everyone! (self indulgent, bragging thread again, apologies!)

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Orkrider2, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

Another 78 for my latest essay! That's all 3 out of the 3 results so far in the distinction band. WHOOOOOOOOP!

Happy Friday night everyone! I can't have a drink so someone pour a nice big one for and enjoy it on my behalf. Thanks! :)

2. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

I really hate swots!

kibosh likes this.
  3. GLsghost

GLsghost Star commenter

Well done @Orkrider2 !

Happy Friday night indeed! Hope all have a restful weekend!

Can anyone brag? I won a county court case this afternoon for my client - but then lost my hard-earned kudos when I mistakenly walked out of the wrong door from the judge's chambers and into his private en suite loo... "Er...that's my toilet!" he called out! :D It's been wine o'clock now for some time...

4. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

:D:D:D:D:D

I'm just so impressed with myself as I've always thought that I was decidedly mediocre and I was certainly told as much when I was at school, yet I appear to be a bit of a teachers pet on the sly! Who knew!

kibosh, lindenlea and racroesus like this.
  5. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

YES! Please! Brag away one and all!!

PMSL! Happy wine o'clock!

6. Eureka!

Eureka! Lead commenter

You seem to put a lot of faith in your markers. Do they know something you don't?

7. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

?

8. Eureka!

Eureka! Lead commenter

I could never get worked up by someone else's assessment of me unless I was somehow unsure of whether I was "good" or not.

And if I can't work out whether I am good at something or not, then surely it means that I am not good at it, Unless I am a complete wallflower.

9. aspensquiver_2

aspensquiver_2 Senior commenter

A judge said "toilet"?! Clearly not high court, then.

10. emerald52

emerald52 Star commenter

Friday night is gin and tonic night chez moi! Cheers!

Dragonlady30 and Orkrider2 like this.
  11. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

Well done.

Orkrider2 likes this.
  12. Eureka!

Eureka! Lead commenter

Have you got any floor cushions Emerald?

aspensquiver_2 likes this.
  13. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

I see what you mean, but I've always been quite self-doubting and I find it hard to judge whether what I think of as good is actually good or is just ok or is fantastic or is actually quite bad. With this, I find it's even harder to judge because I get so caught up in trying to get my point across that it's difficult to look at it objectively. I'd hoped that it was a at least solid merit, but I really couldn't tell.
    Plus, this is a subject I've never studied before, so going into it at Masters level is pretty daunting, especially as most others on my course have undergrad or other postgrad qualifications in this area where I'm a complete newbie and still having to get my head around stuff that they are taking for granted.
    It's just nice for me to find that this work that I poured my heart into and really did complete to the absolute best of my abilities has paid off and is actually as good as I hoped it was. :)

14. Eureka!

Eureka! Lead commenter

Correction. Someone might be inexperienced in the field and not be sure of what constititutes talent/ability etc

15. Eureka!

Eureka! Lead commenter

:) I knows ... it's a minefield out there :)

16. Motherofchikkins

Motherofchikkins Star commenter

Congratulations! Well done you :)

17. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Well done. I'm not surprised. You do write very cogently and clearly to get your points across.

sabrinakat likes this.
  18. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

Thank you! Of all things, the only criticism I got in my feedback was that I used a split infinitive! Twice! :eek: I heartily disagree that there is anything wrong with split infinitives :p

yodaami2 likes this.
  19. Eureka!

Eureka! Lead commenter

Yet they magisterially awarded 78%. Is this a club you wish to join?

yodaami2, Orkrider2 and sabrinakat like this.
  20. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

What a pedant the marker must be. The way forward must be to completely ignore this criticism.